House Price Crash Forum
Grime- skint wouldbe ftb

Hilariously Overpriced Property Thread

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-421...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

69_mbe040648_IMG_00.jpg

£80K

This is the CHEAPEST typical first time buyer property in bournemouth you can find today. Its a stuido flat (one room containing living space, kitchen and bed and separate shower/toilet)

Completely riduculous - how can you expect a normal worker living in the area say on 18K a year to progress on this "property ladder" - this would be there last purchase....

Done some sums - with £70 per month service charge + £65 council tax

Mortgage at 6% for 25 years monthly repayment is £515 a month - total = £650 outgoings....not much left is there?

UPDATE: I see this thread is back at the top!

This FANTASTIC studio has still not sold (October 16th 2005) - and now reduced from 80K to to £73,500.....

A 8.125% reduction - crash is comming!

Edited by trev

This is the CHEAPEST typical first time buyer property in bournemouth you can find today. Its a stuido (one room and separate toilet)

Completely riduculous - how can you expect a normal worker living in the area say on 18K a year to progress on this "property ladder" - this would be there last purchase....

Done some sums - with £70 per month service charge + £65 council tax

Mortgage at 6% for 25 years monthly repayment is £515 a month - total = £650 outgoings....not much left is there?

Only Mr Bean can afford to live there and Look he's still in. His cars in the carpark

Only Mr Bean can afford to live there and Look he's still in. His cars in the carpark

lol Mr Bean. You reckon he's still got the padlock fitted to his new equity release Mercedes? (Actually aren't the only people who buy those estate agents for runarounds?)

/G

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-421...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

69_mbe040648_IMG_00.jpg

£80K

This is the CHEAPEST typical first time buyer property in bournemouth you can find today. Its a stuido flat (one room containing living space, kitchen and bed and separate shower/toilet)

nice. Looks like an ex-holiday villa B&B property turned into flats ... Boscombe borders?

On the sunny side it is less than £100K, that doesn't even buy a static caravan in a trailer park in my area and i'm not exaggerating.

That studio flat is only 12 foot by 13.5 foot in size!

(not including shower +WC)

That's half the size of my front room!

"share of freehold" sounds a bit scary too...

Does anyone know someone (who knows someone...) who has ever bought a property like this and been pleased with their decision?

Ok my turn. This flat is just around the corner from my parents place. i nearly fell off my chair when i saw the price. Truly ridiculous!!  :blink:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-295...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

There are a lot of millionaires in Manchester who want to live in flats

That studio flat is only 12 foot by 13.5 foot in size!

(not including shower +WC)

That's half the size of my front room!

"share of freehold" sounds a bit scary too...

Does anyone know someone (who knows someone...) who has ever bought a property like this and been pleased with their decision?

Going off thread but;

Yeah only a BTL landlord over 3 years ago when they were dirt cheap.

Rents for these at the moment go for £400 a month - borrow 80K at interest only mortgage at generous 5% is £333 a month + service charge = £403 - hmmm doesnt add up does it.

Bargain...

jaer999000257.jpg

"possible development potential"

£70k :lol:

Bargain...

jaer999000257.jpg

"possible development potential"

£70k :lol:

That might make er sense - stick a ship metal container on top cut some windows out, erect a partition wall- et vola - two flats with their own garage! Sell them as two indiviual flats for £100K each - double your money. :o

There are a lot of millionaires in Manchester who want to live in flats

I know but the flat is in a small suburb called Whitefield. About 10 miles out of the centre. Compare it to this one which is slap bang in the centre of Manchester and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-388...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

It's got to a point now in Manchester where if I show my friends a property in London they comment on how it would be much more expensive if it was in Manchester. Which to me doesn't make sense! Prices will correct in London but they are going to fall through the floor in some overpriced areas of Manchester. I have no doubts.

I posted these on the "most overpriced sh**hole thread". They are not exactly sh**holes but the asking prices sure stink...

rightmove

and even worse,

Ballards

(to see the property just select all areas and enter £550000 as both min and max, then note the 2BED COTTAGE at the end!)

These two should sell like hotcakes! ;):lol:

Oops - NotDavidIcke, just seen your addition... wow! Think it beats these!

Edited by Prophet of Doom

I posted these on the "most overpriced sh**hole thread". They are not exactly sh**holes but the asking prices sure stink...

rightmove

and even worse,

Ballards

(to see the property just select all areas and enter £550000 as both min and max, then note the 2BED COTTAGE at the end!)

These two should sell like hotcakes!  ;)  :lol:

Elizabeth: just seen your addition... wow!  Think it beats these!

Actually that one on rightmove has sold... on the advert there is "THIS PROPERTY HAS SOLD", personally i say "TAKE THE F*CKIN ADVERT DOWN THEN" :lol:

Actually that one on rightmove has sold... on the advert there is "THIS PROPERTY HAS SOLD",  personally i say "TAKE THE F*CKIN ADVERT DOWN THEN"  :lol:

If it's sold for real, beats me what idiot would have bought it?

That first sentence wasn't there on Saturday. I wonder if it will mysteriously disappear again soon.

That might make er sense - stick a ship metal container on top cut some windows out, erect a partition wall- et vola - two flats with their own garage! Sell them as two indiviual flats for £100K each - double your money. :o

Too much time on my hands tonight!

bargain.jpg

post-2149-1124144613_thumb.jpg