House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Another Quote

Check this out:

'It is so annoying though because the market is so dead and you do start to wonder if you should just cut your losses for the sake of £5K, but when we first started to look into going to Australia, not realising how dead the market was to become, we based all our workings on getting £300K for our house (we have a mortgage of £200K), we have dropped £25K and to drop another £5K would just mean too much money lost on the other side. We feel that for the fact that there is no chain, our house is bigger proportioned than any other in the area and they can just move in, surely that must be worth the extra £5K. So here we sit feeling sick because we may be so close to selling, but yet so damn far.

Good luck to everyone else who has houses to sell. It is a horrible jungle out there with cut throat people who can sense blood a mile off and are wantonly going for the jugular.'

So boys & Gals, they want you to pay an extra £5,000 just because you can move in quicker!

In fact if you read some of the thread it looks to me as if these "Cuckoos" are trying to ensure their poor potential buyers will end up paying Stamp duty.B*stards.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....23&page=3&pp=15

Who cares if there is no upward chain? No downward chain is certainly useful but I couldn't give a t*** whether there was an upward one in the current market. Infact it would just give me more savings in the bank if the sale took longer to complete.

Scotland isn't looking too fantastic at the moment then.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I am almost insane..........house selling MY GOD NEVER AGAIN.

I have no idea whats going on with house sales here in Scotland at the moment,I think its become some kind of sadistic game with some people.

My story so far...........

1. BUYER...........PAPERWORK ALMOST COMPLETED ''Pulled Out''...no reason given.

2.Buyer.............As i am going abroad ''Will we throw in the family car with the sale.

3.Buyer.............Want the house soooo much ask us to take it off the market didnt want anyone else to view it.like fools we did.Pulled out 1 month later.

4. Viewing ..........oh i love the house ..would you also sell me your large desk etc.etc...... once we have signed contracts sure thing.......never heard from them again.

5.Viewer..........just what i am looking for said she my husband will be home at weekend can i bring him Sat, afternoon ....why yes ...........she never turned up.

6. Viewer.......my what a great house love it and the garden etc.after spending half an hour showing them round the were walking along the drive when my son hears them say ''fantastic house shame we cant afford it and the laughed''

DAMN THEM ALL AND THEIR SILLY GAMES............I AM BECOMING SO DEPRESSED BY IT ALL..........I have reduced my sale price by 15000 pounds......but still they sem to want blood.

What now ..........dont ever see myself getting abraod at this rate .

-------------------------------------------------

Thing is, if everyone buggers off abroad, some of this demand is going to disappear, right?

Dropping from £275k to £270k is barely another 2% off. Sounds like they will need to drop more than that.

AGREED.

In a falling market the last thing they should do is chase the market down. In the last crash a colleague of mine priced at £330K and reduced prices in small increments, but always too late. He ended up selling for £215K (a Cambridge property).

If these people had any sense they should price at £240K or face getting much less next year.

Edited by Red Baron

backtoparents, your avatar, I remember laughing loads at some flash animation with that guy but I cant remember what it was called. Can you tell me this:

1. What is that flash cartoon called

2. What website is it from

3. Why am I wearing pants on my head.

These are things I need to know.

Edit: Its off the telly, silly me. (Thanks for the PM backtoparents)

Edited by Giraffe Cat

It is a horrible jungle out there with cut throat people who can sense blood a mile off and are wantonly going for the jugular.'

It is a horrible jungle out there with cut-throat vendors who can sense a desperate buyer and are wantonly asking ridiculous amounts of money for their miserable sh1theaps.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Good luck to everyone else who has houses to sell. It is a horrible jungle out there with cut throat people who can sense blood a mile off and are wantonly going for the jugular.'

Yes, those nasty, awful people. Imagine not wanting to pay way over the odds for bricks and mortar just so that you can flee the country with your leeched (unearned) profits and thus pump it into another country's economy.

There are some horrid, beastly types around these days.

Wan*ers!