House Price Crash Forum

Ok. Not sure I agree with that.

My feeling is there's far too much tax on employment already, whereas not enough on other things.

Makes sense to me, for a council tax to be based on the size of your house. (which is still progressive,

just not based on work).

Lib Dems seem to want to put everything on work, so someone earning 100k, could end up giving 80-90% of

it in tax, whereas someone living in a million pound house would pay nothing.

The Lib Dems are mental.

Always have been. Always will be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The primary obstacle for me voting LibDem, is their scrapping of the Council Tax and replacing it with an earnings related local tax.

The primary obstacle for me voting LibDem is that they might side with Labour in the event of a hung parliament. If I'd voted Lib-Dem and they did that I would cry in the shower.

Sky are running a clip with this story of McRuin leaving Downing Street and getting into a limo.

The smirk needs to be seen to believed. I've spotted him doing it before.

He sort of smirks at the press that are present, looks along the line as if he's defying them to make a comment, and then slinks into the car.

It's a very odd face; sort've a mixture of a retarded man being led away to prison and a smug dictator showing his contempt for those he rules over.

Not long now everyone.....

Ok. Not sure I agree with that.

My feeling is there's far too much tax on employment already, whereas not enough on other things.

Makes sense to me, for a council tax to be based on the size of your house. (which is still progressive,

just not based on work).

Lib Dems seem to want to put everything on work, so someone earning 100k, could end up giving 80-90% of

Not taxing the first £10k says youre wrong.

Indeed, and at one point it must have been very frightening for many watching as Cameron shed all the pretence and boasted that the tories hadn't changed at all during their period of opposition since the 90s.

I sincerely hope so. There is more than one union out there that needs utterly destroying, starting with Unite. The sooner the 70s rejects are consigned to the bin, the better.

just not based on work).

Totally agree. Put time and effort into earning a decent amount of cash. Live within your means. Get shafted by the Libs.

The Libs also have that clown Cable. Identifies the problem correctly and decides the solution is to get the banks lending again. Muppet.

Interestingly (or not!) one of the Labour backbenchers asked a question relating to interest rates, in which he claimed glory that Labour had kept interest rates low unlike the Tories in the 80's. Am I missing something or arent the bank of England "independent" now? :rolleyes:

The bank of England is independent, except at times to suit Bruin, such as when he announced with pride that several central banks had cut interest rates together. Albeit completely independently.

Hes been shown to be a liar over defence spending

Sky all over it now.

Yes virtually all the news broadcasters led with the now exposed lie from Brown, even the BBC managed 1min.32 seconds of the story on the 6 o'clock news around 6.18 behind the usual labour ramping of the marvelous reduction in unemployment and other non story's.

The bank of England is independent, except at times to suit Bruin, such as when he announced with pride that several central banks had cut interest rates together. Albeit completely independently.

I wonder whether the blame will go back to the independent central banks when people realise the affects of ZIRP for themselves. Mind you with the level of intelligence from average Joe they'll believe whatever their told again!

I wonder whether the blame will go back to the independent central banks when people realise the affects of ZIRP for themselves. Mind you with the level of intelligence from average Joe they'll believe whatever their told again!

Sad but true! sad.gif

Cameron hitting Brown over the BA strike, claiming Labour is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the Unite union"... Claiming we're going back to the 70s.

I love the way the 70s IMF bailout, failed, bust Labour gov't is catching on in the popular consciousness now.

And is it just me or do GB, Hain and Harperson look even more like zombies than usual?

gordon-brown-at-prime-min-001.jpg

It could be a shot from The Living Dead at the Manchester Westminster Morgue...!

I wish the fool would get on with it and call a bloody election. Admission of cuts on defence today, just another nail in the Labour coffin.

If I were Cameron I would be doing all I could to lose now.

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-charts/economics/uk-economics-labour-election-victory-sterling-01103.aspx

"Voters are in danger of falling for the idea that, as Allister Heath puts it in City AM, “public spending and the size of the state are choices that can be made by politicians, rather than constraints about to be imposed by the financial markets on a hapless and powerless Westminster.”"

Voters are dumb, they think we can spend more than we earn, that we can have a public sector larger than the private sector. Most importantly they don't know the difference between UK deficit and UK debt. We need a change of mind set, where the public go begging to a political party for personal and fiscal responsibility.

Phoney

I sincerely hope so. There is more than one union out there that needs utterly destroying, starting with Unite. The sooner the 70s rejects are consigned to the bin, the better.

Ok, it's a policy but will they state such policies in their manifesto so people can vote on them in integrity.

And if they are voted in on that or some other policy basis will they keep their promise or will it be promises promises like the last time - and like the current administration.

But the point wasn't about whether any of Cameron's QT points were right or wrong or better policies than Brown's or even Cleggs but today Cameron revealed something and it possibly amounts to their lack of change when one of their election planks is "Vote For Change". It seems it's change but the sort that's likely going to be back to the 90s - and Brown once again sat down after Cameron's questions looking rather smug as Cameron didn't really land a blow but wittingly or unwittingly he did reveal the mindset.

Mind you "a wholly owned subsidiary of the Unite union" was funny but does it tell the whole truth. Wouldn't it have been better to have spelt out more seriously the reality of the influence being wielded rather than going for the catch all shouted and blaring soundbite which is ultimately just tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper.

And as I said, it isn't a matter of favouring one party over another as all the main parties are lacking these days - and of course the general points made above can be said about NuLabour and the LibDems.

Edited by billybong

Most importantly they don't know the difference between UK deficit and UK debt.

I think it would be interesting to see a poll asking the general public what they understand "halving the deficit" to mean, I am convinced people think this means halving the total outstanding debt rather than we slightly slow down the rate we rack up debt but repay nothing.

I think it would be interesting to see a poll asking the general public what they understand "halving the deficit" to mean, I am convinced people think this means halving the total outstanding debt rather than we slightly slow down the rate we rack up debt but repay nothing.

That's certainly what Gormless & Co want them to think.

Someone should pay for an advertising campaign to explain the difference between deficit and debt to people. It would certainly be more of a public service than all the current government information campaigns put together.

ITV now reporting that the defense spending actually went down 4 times during Labour's 13 years, Brown said one or two[ in PMQs when he tried to repair the no cuts lie he told to the inquiry and many times before, he just cant help himself from telling lies to suit his political aims,what a utter disgrace of a Prime Minister he is.

I Wouldn't have liked to have been the secretary who had to type out the apology letter bet shes was a nervous wreck with him breathing down her neck.

ITV now reporting that the defense spending actually went down 4 times during Labour's 13 years, Brown said one or two[ in PMQs when he tried to repair the no cuts lie he told to the inquiry and many times before, he just cant help himself from telling lies to suit his political aims,what a utter disgrace of a Prime Minister he is.

I Wouldn't have liked to have been the secretary who had to type out the apology letter bet shes was a nervous wreck with him breathing down her neck.

This will end him, too many young guys getting killed now, makes him look like a kunt.

How come no-one on the committee knew this rather basic fact? Are they spending their time doodling c0cks on the order paper?

This will end him, too many young guys getting killed now, makes him look like a kunt.

Sorry - you couldn't be more wrong. He has looked like a kant for years. Nothing makes any difference. He has been an absolute disaster and a catastrophe for well over a decade for this country. But no matter. He is Labour. Labour voters vote labour. His core vote is assured. If the Labour candidate was a babboon, it would still get the nod. It doesn't much matter what he does - it won't make much difference otherwise he would have been history years ago.

Sorry - you couldn't be more wrong. He has looked like a kant for years. Nothing makes any difference. He has been an absolute disaster and a catastrophe for well over a decade for this country. But no matter. He is Labour. Labour voters vote labour. His core vote is assured. If the Labour candidate was a babboon, it would still get the nod. It doesn't much matter what he does - it won't make much difference otherwise he would have been history years ago.

Yes, the guy, well words are beyond me, promoted well beyond his competence to totall incompetent! The media are scared of him, they could bury him.

But i have friends, partner's family members, lefty's as they like to be known, decendents from Irish immigrants alot of them, scorched by thatcher in the 80's, ex dole scroungers working while claiming it was rife in the 80's stilling raping the system now. Pumped out a load of kids they could ill afford to keep financially so they go the the DHS for their nice hanout while out working cash in hand in the 80's.

These people would vote Labour if Brown stood at the disbatch box wearing a teddy suit, a lead round his neck and an banana up his backside singing "i'm to sexy for my Sarah, for my Sarah". They are brain washed into this working class Labour myth?

Sad but true, this government is a mess, but i refuse to believe the UK is finished, just a blip, we pay our taxes to promptly, we will get out of this mess by working harder and paying more tax, we have before, we will again, just look after what cash you have, pay down debt, take on no new debt, live a simple life, one you can afford on you wage if you have one, if not get a job, any job to keep busy, but again only spend what you earn, you will sleep so much better at night!

Panda