House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Anecdotal

Friend in local newspapers tells me that the amount of ad space & sit. vacant space being bought has fallen dramatically the first half of this year - apparently a sure sign of approaching recession. Nov/Dec he reckons we'll begin to see recession proper rearing its head.

The free paper holders at the supermarket have about 3 job papers at the moment - and some loan magazines.

Only one property paper I think though.

the "chaps" at the temping agency outside my office seem to spend more time practising their leg-spin with a tennis ball than placing candidates recently.

My girlfriend got temping jobs in her hols instantly in London (18mnths ago) and Leeds (1yr ago) but has found it much much tougher this time out, in spite of having much more experience in theory.