House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Ftse Year End Predictions

If cooporate earning were so well bullish in thier projections then why the recent spate of job losses from major employers??

If you reson a depp ressession it will accompany a bear market for genral stocks...when the rulers have distributed to the public then the realisations (fear) of ression will be priced in..

Sp1

2005 year end - 5600

2006 year end - 6200

2007 year end - 6800

a little optimistic I think,2006 will be a very tricky year....I don't think we are likely to see significant upside until late '07..... it will probably be more sideways.

as a wild stab in the dark.

year end '05-5500

'06-5300(yes i know it's down!)

'07-6000

'08-7000

2005 year end - 5600

2006 year end - 6200

2007 year end - 6800

2005 year end - 5100

2006 year end - 4200

2007 year end - 3800

It's called a recession. I hope it'll be quick hence the estimates

FTSE 10,000 by 2013 ready for the baby boomers retiring

EDIT: Ignore property money into shares, that money came from somewhere and wasn't created by industry or sudden discovery of Gold or Oil.

Edited by andrew_uk

Well, the market goes up 8% a year on average, but actually very rarely just goes up 8%, if you know what I mean.

So I will say that this rally is likely to continue into next year, and I will go for a 15% rise in the FTSE-100:

Dec 05: 5400

Dec 06: 6200

PS: If the FTSE falls to 3300, I'll be throwing my entire family wealth at it!

Edited by Van

there are so many things to throw into the mix at the moment.

$80bbl oil is quite do-able and could take the FTSE to 5500 given the weighting of oil stocks in the index....the problem is where is the break-point between strong global demand fuelled by the US,and the resultant slowdown of the US consumer(which will happen if they have less to spend on other goods,mosly foreign)

a few years ago the prospect of double-dip recession was touted,and indeed with consumers feeling the pinch,now seems a distinct possibility.If this happens,then global demand for crude will fall(hence my bet on japan being a beneficiary)

the nikkei really looks interesting at present...it's withstanding high oil prices,and if falls in crude are evident it is way outperforming western markets.......this looks like a good bull run ahead.