House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

It Really Is Different This Time!

Most people using this site are quite well aware of the **** site.

Expect to find many HPC addicts over there when these servers crash.

Which has been happening more frequently of late, much to the amusement of other web forums.

But they're not so amused when they realise that the server problems are caused by the exponential growth in the numbers of people logging on to this site.

Edited by BandWagon

Sir John Templeton, the four most dangerous words in investing; "it's different this time".

No surprise that the usual suspects are saying we're in for a "soft landing".

Sorry about that, I'm an HPC website newbie (not the crash itself though - been thinking the game's up for a year or two now) so I think what's new and exciting to me, is to others.

When I read it back it was pretty patronising anyway - got to tone down my high horse. :rolleyes:

If you're a newbie, you might get some information and amusement from a US site called thehousingbubble2.blogspot.com (sometimes referred to as "Ben Jones' blog" because that's who set it up and runs it). I found this site from there.

Because it's a single-person site (only Ben can raise new topics), there aren't that many new topics each day, but individual topics often get a lot of comments from the entire spectrum of bulls and bears.

Unfortunately, the volume of trolling got to the point where anonymous comments were switched off a week or so ago; but if you want to comment it isn't hard to register.