House Price Crash Forum

P E T R O L - Going To Burn Down The Economy, Again.

Edit : sorry, brower issues again. Perhaps I should stop using Opera.

Funney you say that.

i keep getting the broadband connection prompt poping up every 20 seconds or so and i bet if i looked at the javascript for this page it would have a timer sending information back to a central server.

it's getting to the stage where i will build my own proxy server to strip out all this crap and the new style of popups we are getting on sites today, where it disables the page untill you click a button.

timer and javascript i bet again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to play devil's advocate - think of the overall cost to the economy in terms of lack of mobility leading to lack of activity leading to less demand leading to you being made redundant. :huh:

PS I get 63 from my hybrid B)

Although I cant be made redundant as such, I work for myself. I understand your point.

But would the lack of mobility effect the economy. Or would it just make people get jobs close to home, or relocate closer to work? Would it make supermarkets stop shipping food from across the globe? Would it make school kids go on the bus or walk? All good positive effects.

You only get 63? How many extra 1000s does a hybrid cost? My diesel is probably £2000 more than a petrol and I get double mpg.

Although I cant be made redundant as such, I work for myself. I understand your point.

But would the lack of mobility effect the economy. Or would it just make people get jobs close to home, or relocate closer to work? Would it make supermarkets stop shipping food from across the globe? Would it make school kids go on the bus or walk? All good positive effects.

You only get 63? How many extra 1000s does a hybrid cost? My diesel is probably £2000 more than a petrol and I get double mpg.

I thin lack of mobility would certainly effect the economy. If you go to 'third world' countries one of the major problems is just getting around. We went from Arusha (tanzania) to Jinja (Uganda) via Nairobi on public transport just for fun - it was good fun but really made you see how hard it is for people in such countries to get anywhere and do anything. there would be some benefits as you have listed but life generally would become a lot harder.

I got the hybrid mostly because of the Green Image thing and because i thought it was cool. Honda Civic - http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/civichybrid/?s3campaign=Cars_09_Brand_Model&s3advertiser=Google_PPC&s3banner=honda_civic_hybrid

Cost me a little under 10K second hand. Other benefits is that road tax is £15, I don't have to pay the congestion charge and you can get special cheap 'green' car insurance. Was a bit of a luxury but since i wasn't buying a house I wanted something nice. when I'm at the in-law's and my bro in law is talking about there large mortgaged to the hilt house and we feel like losers at least I know that at the end of the meal and we get into our cars mine is cool, his is about to fall apart.