House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kam

Iran, China & North Korea

seems to be a lot of news late about nations that USA doesn't like

Just wondered how long it will be before they join up and stand up for themselves and who else might join in.

Iran could cut off Oil

China has thoses huge $ Reserves

N. Korea ? (they got nukes and a load of eager troops)

These are the obvious ones

can you think of others and method of attack

How about this one for a long-shot,bookies are giving long odds.

Zimbabwe......How can we exclude Robert Mugabe.

Incidentally has anyone noticed his surname spelt backwards is

ebagum (eeh bah gum !)

Who was it said "bears haven't got a sense of humour"

Iran could cut off Oil

Which Iranian oil contract do you think they should default on then? Which customer would you choose if you were in a position to control the oil supply:

China?

Japan?

Taiwan?

South Korea?

Europe?

Stopping the oil supply will cause massive problems on the oil market, and therefore in the US, but those listed above will suffer even more as they will be the ones to suffer energy shortages. Not the best way to treat your customers.

Which Iranian oil contract do you think they should default on then?  Which customer would you choose if you were in a position to control the oil supply:

China?

Japan?

Taiwan?

South Korea?

Europe?

Europe Of course,

European countries are the ones involved in the current Iran Uranium enrichment arguement that they supply, threaten Iran with sanctions and I bet they'll cut the oil to Europe and send it to China,

WEBMASTER, could you please move this thread into the OFF-TOPIC area as this has nothing to do with House Prices.

Thanks

Not Directly, it related to the other threads on China and Iran, try to look in to other inflationary situations,

If there is going to by a trigger to the HPC, its going to be oil or inflation related I think. USA is stirring up a hornets nest, I'm starting to think that they might spark a *** with their current foreign policy

Europe Of course,

So you think Iran would further damage its relationship with the EU to spite the US? If anything, that would polarise the EU against them more than anything else. That doesn't seem wise.

Bearing in mind the EU imports around 10% and falling of Iran's exported oil, and that oil is not really ideal (very sour crude oil, which is less useful), I'm not sure it would have a terrible effect on oil availability in the EU. It might give speculators something to rally around but that would be about the extent of it.

So you think Iran would further damage its relationship with the EU to spite the US?  If anything, that would polarise the EU against them more than anything else.  That doesn't seem wise.

Bearing in mind the EU imports around 10% and falling of Iran's exported oil, and that oil is not really ideal (very sour crude oil, which is less useful), I'm not sure it would have a terrible effect on oil availability in the EU.  It might give speculators something to rally around but that would be about the extent of it.

No not to spite US,

If you had read the reports France, Germany and UK are pushing Iran to stop its uranium enrichment, (The USA also back the move, but its by EU)

They have been qouted saying they might impose sanctions, (The US has said might attack as last resort!!)

If EU does impose sanctions then Iran would cut oil to those countries,

Guest growl
The USA have always been worried about how many

3 foot walls the Chinese build around their coast-line?

:ph34r: 1…2…3… Jump!  :ph34r:

Speaking of walls. What about the one going up around Israel...now theres a conpiracy theory :)

No not to spite US,

If you had read the reports France, Germany and UK are pushing Iran to stop its uranium enrichment, (The USA also back the move, but its by EU)

They have been qouted saying they might impose sanctions, (The US has said might attack as last resort!!)

If EU does impose sanctions then Iran would cut oil to those countries,

Ah, fair enough, just the original post was about getting at the US, which is what I assumed we were talking about. What you say there makes sense.

If the oil gets routed to China instead, the global supply and demand balance isn't really upset, just redistributed, and to be honest, the (small amount of) Iranian oil is not of the quality that Europe prefers, so I don't think it will cause any significant new problems. I guess that is obvious though because if the EU thought it would suffer without Iranian oil they would probably be rather more cautious about imposing sanctions!