House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Waiting Patiently

Why Are Threads On House Prices Removed..

Censorship at Ch4

Posters on Channel 4 'homes general' forum ask again why threads on property prices are being deleted by the mods.........

If we try to discuss property prices here the posts are removed. While at the same time numerous threads on DIY, arguably off topic to this forum as there is a separate DIY forum, are allowed to remain.

OK not everyone is interested in property prices but why don't they do the same as I do with the DIY threads, simply pass them by unread? It's clear that discussing property prices frightens people. I have no idea why.

Ch4 forum : house prices

Censorship at Ch4

Posters on Channel 4 'homes general' forum ask again why threads on property prices are being deleted by the mods.........

Ch4 forum : house prices

C4 folks asking for resoned debate on the housing market ... about time, hopefully they wont get a bruno and switch off.

Eyes are opening.

The other side of this arguement is that Channel 4 themselves are running a business.

By all accounts their property programs are very popular and attract a huge audience and therefore advertising revenues.

Its the same story with my local newspaper - delivered free.

There must be 30 pages out of 100 devoted to EA ads.

Running stories about a HPC would damage their own advertising base.

Similarily if they ran stories about how bad a particular make of car was, I would imagine the car maker would cancel its account.

I'm not saying its right, just that there are other considerations - subtlety, nuances, balance.....something lacking on some of the threads here lately.

Guest Bart of Darkness
I'm not saying its right, just that there are other considerations - subtlety, nuances, balance

Balance is quite obviously not one of their considerations.

Oh for the good old days of the IBA.