House Price Crash Forum

Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day For The £

nuts

HOLA441
HOLA442

I heard that insurance deal which caused the drop on Monday morning has become unwound.

http://www.forexlive.com/

'Cable has jumped again, now above 1.5050, and GBP/JPY is back at 133.50 (resistance levels at 133.75 and 134.00). This is all short covering on the news that the Prudential deal might yet be scuppered which would then involve significant un-hedging (if that’s a word!). Cable resistance is at 1.5100'.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Noodle

Falling against Dollar/Euro is one thing, if you want to see the real destruction of the currency check out the charts of sterling against a whole lod of other currencies in that list.

Herro! Yuo luv mei loooong tyme . . . I pai yuo fife dorrra . . . a day.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Falling against Dollar/Euro is one thing, if you want to see the real destruction of the currency check out the charts of sterling against a whole lod of other currencies in that list.

...we know about the falls against even the Zim Dollar ...but at midnight last night sterling spiked upwards for some reason...and went green (up) against most currencies see the linked chart.... <_<

Sterling Midnight

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The $ is down against a lot of currencies today, but up v the NZ dollar for some reason.

Edit: Looking at this, http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/13/intraday.stm

I'd say the £ shot up v the $ at about 2345 last night, as it also did v Yen and the € at the same time.

Edited by deflation

HOLA4411

I was actually expecting a bigger move up by the £ today. So I am not claiming that it has been a "Good day" ... but certainly not a bad one.

For those of a nervous disposition, beware this market - it will shake out the fearful to sell £ at the bottom. FWIW, I do think the outlook for the £ will continue to be weak in the medium term.

Where the f**k are our austerity measures - the Greeks are putting us to shame at the moment.

HOLA4412

I was actually expecting a bigger move up by the £ today. So I am not claiming that it has been a "Good day" ... but certainly not a bad one.

For those of a nervous disposition, beware this market - it will shake out the fearful to sell £ at the bottom. FWIW, I do think the outlook for the £ will continue to be weak in the medium term.

Where the f**k are our austerity measures - the Greeks are putting us to shame at the moment.

Yer did well considering how consistantly badly Gbp has performed. Look at today's Gbp/Yen....

Looks like a terminal patient on steroids.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/14/intraday.stm

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I can't believe it.... I last checked GBP / CAD a couple of months ago.... it was bad, about 1.75...... I looked today...... 1.55...... the pound has already crashed against many currencies. It was 2.35 to the pound in March 2007.... it's dropped 80c in 3 years.... un-ferkin-believable :o

Edited by Dubai

HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

I can't believe it.... I last checked GBP / CAD a couple of months ago.... it was bad, about 1.75...... I looked today...... 1.55...... the pound has already crashed against many currencies. It was 2.35 to the pound in March 2007.... it's dropped 80c in 3 years.... un-ferkin-believable :o

Not really. All things considered.