House Price Crash Forum
pod

Not Just Reduced...

Still dear though, even for there.

Stayed up there last weekend. Friend has had her brand new 3 bed house for sale for £155k for coming up to a year now (in Colburn). Developer still building her design and asking £150k for them.

Edited by libitina

Still dear though, even for there.

Stayed up there last weekend. Friend has had her brand new 3 bed house for sale for £155k for coming up to a year now (in Colburn). Developer still building her design and asking £150k for them.

how is a ftb meant to afford that in catterick - the nearest jobs are in york - anyway, it's one of the most boring places on the planet

how is a ftb meant to afford that in catterick - the nearest jobs are in york - anyway, it's one of the most boring places on the planet

Well it was bought in 2003 for £82,000

Next door sold for £120,000 at the height of the market around here (June 2004).

As for jobs York is a long hike from Catterick. The usual job locations for around there is Teeside, Darlington and Northallerton.

When in 2003? They expect a 66% return in little over 2 years despite having reduced it for a quick sale?  :blink:

No offense but I've seen larger hen huts than that.

26 Jun 2003 (boy the internet makes this stuff really easy to find out).

26 Jun 2003 (boy the internet makes this stuff really easy to find out).

So 2.64% increase a month for 25 months... isn't that in excess of the headiest rises? Even at its height things were only running at 2% month and certainly not constantly for 25 months (when you compound it the disparity is even worse). Wow, that must be one special area.

Me thinks this a case of somebody pricing their house in anticipation of it paying for their next purchase... don't they realise that a 10-15% drop in the market would actually benefit them since their new property will come down more in differential to their old house? (assuming the bottom end of the market doesn't collapse first, and hardest ;) )

Either that or it's some investor bailing.

So as long has there is a hoard of FTB'er each with average earning £40k after tax in that area (not including fee's and deposit) and sees such houses as aspirational and worthy of 25 year commitments... they don't have a problem :D

Excuse me whilst I roll about on the floor in laughter.

Along with 'luxury apartments' those sort of houses are going to fall first and worst, even when people do come back into the market at some stage they'll just leapfrog those places.

These are the sold prices

24/08/2004 £119,000 Semi F/H 14, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

2 24/05/2004 £99,000 Semi F/H 5, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

3 23/04/2004 £109,950 Semi F/H 33, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

4 07/04/2004 £108,000 Semi F/H 4, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

5 05/03/2004 £131,000 Semi F/H 3, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

6 28/11/2003 £94,950 Ter. F/H 7, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

7 27/06/2003 £82,000 Semi F/H 12, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

8 04/04/2003 £118,000 Det. F/H 27, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

9 31/03/2003 £76,000 Semi F/H 15, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

10 28/02/2003 £95,000 Semi F/H 1, Bennions Way, Catterick, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 7RL

Still think that this is OVERPRICED - its 2 Bedroomed FFS.

Semi/Attached House.....?

Almost as good as one I saw in the paper this week "Semi-detached (of 3)"

My local EA (Blair Cadell, Edinburgh) has a whole window full of adverts for "SEMI-DETATCHED" (sic) and "DETATCHED" properties for sale...

I mean, it doesn't inspire much confidence in them.

1) They really don't know how to spell

2) They don't care/can't be arsed changing them

3) They can't afford to print out new ads with the spelling corrected...

Then again, does it matter? It just annoys me though, I mean you'd expect that sort of illiteracy on a fruit and veg stall but not somewhere you might be spending serious money. Tch. Sloppy.