House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Ok,own Up

We have to be careful how we wind them up though, otherwise it shows this forum in a bad light doesn't it?

But do we really care?

I suggest the answer is NO.

Edit: -

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't think HPC is about to turn all sympathetic,

why the hell should we?

Edited by Culpability Brown

I never said not to wind them up, we just need to be professional in the way we go about it. ;)

And we do need to think of the way this forum is portrayed if we want to retain any credibility and respectibility in the publics eyes.

Personally I feel that blatantly trolling on other forums is pointless. By all means argue a point and back it up with facts but simply laughing at people is very counter-productive and quite frankly childish.

Guest Bart of Darkness
And we do need to think of the way this forum is portrayed if we want to retain any credibility and respectibility in the publics eyes.

Agreed.

Do we know for certain that is Piper bloke is one of us? I know the expat forum gets the occasional mention here but the Internet is a big place.

Personally I feel that blatantly trolling on other forums is pointless. By all means argue a point and back it up with facts but simply laughing at people is very counter-productive and quite frankly childish.

Amen to that.

Some people on here are doing more harm than good - but maybe thats the point.

IMO they deserve to recieve abuse. They are calling buyers "To55ers" without any encouragement from HPC.

I'd laugh if some of the bulls from here went there to give them a shoulder to cry on :lol:

I don't buy into this holier than thou sh!t. Do we want to make friends and influence people? HELL NO! If people don't like the medicine £uck 'em!

The point is this : nice guys are victims in this world. Is that really how you wanna come across?

When Gordon Gecko said "greed is good" in the movie Wall St., nobody liked him, but he got to asset strip the company cos folks just know nasty people are on the winning side. His downfall came cos he broke the law. As far as I am aware, baiting stupid folk hasn't yet been made a crime (tho anything is possible under Blair).

So relax: be as goddam nasty as you like. If folks wanna buy houses now, let 'em. Am I my brother's keeper? No! Should I care about anyone who hasn't the wit or guts to go against the sheep? Not a bit! Am I allowed to have fun baiting the property laden? Yezzerrie! Sledgehead absolves you one and all. Go forth and horrify!

(Sorry about the religious references there Dicky, I'll try to be more secular in future :P )

Edited by Sledgehead

Exactly! Why do so many people assume that all our properties are overpriced. If the markets quiet (which we all know it is) dropping your price is not necessarily going to make it sell any quicker at all. We're getting loads of viewings but unfortunately from people who are not yet in a position to put in any sort of offer as they haven't yet sold their own

Saw this on the above expat thread.

Thought it might tickle a few HPCers...

I never said not to wind them up, we just need to be professional in the way we go about it.  ;)

Here Here.......I totaly agree, if we want to be taken seriously we should behave accordingly.

With regards to the lovely expats forum. I have read some of their threads and replies and I consider they deserve everything they get.

They consistently criticise buyers who dare to lower their offer. They encourage their fellow sellers to hide fish, rotten eggs etc under the floorboards. I have even seen them suggest taking out subscriptions to sex magazines or flooding the new occupants with junk mail.

Bunch of whingeing self pitying idiots. All they do is moan, my house won't sell, or my estate agent says it is worth this much and he can't be wrong. It's pathetic.

Send them Karma, I'd rather stick a red hot poker up them where the sun don't shine.

Its good clean wholesome fun though. ;)

Guest Bart of Darkness

Paddy's postings were a laugh (note how quickly he and PP and Reality_Check were banned, yet Amazulu and Storini can say what they like with impunity).

Hypocrites.