House Price Crash Forum

The Great British Krona - £ Could Collapse Within Weeks

+0.4% was expected, I think.

Does the market distinguish (care) where this growth is coming from? Example, it grew because of stimulus money and government spending . . . or it grew because of industry and private sector demand and wot not.

Big fall in private investment recently.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pound will not go bang in a few weeks but it will go down against other currencies that are also going down but at a slower pace.

Silver has come down a little in $ terms but not if you look at it in £ terms and if you look on eBay and want the real stuff then it comes in at well over £500 per KG

Gold/Silver had not endured being the money of kings for the past 5000 years for no reason so i'll stick with history for now and top up if i ever see a dip on the price that makes me think it's cheap.

Greese has trouble and accounts for 2.5% of the EU money now can anyone tell me who has a bigger deficit than Greece and is £ denominated ?

AAA rating like Enron waz and if $hit realy happens then all that paper silver will be turned to tolet paper.

Does the market distinguish (care) where this growth is coming from? Example, it grew because of stimulus money and government spending . . . or it grew because of industry and private sector demand and wot not.

Big fall in private investment recently.

...it was suspended statistical growth timed for release just before the announcement of the election ...to settle the fears of the great British Sheeple who will follow Nuliebour for ever more ...after all they are turning the economy round following that small financial virus from America .......... :lol:

. . . FLASH OVERRIDE MESSAGE . . . JIM RODGERS DID NOT SAY POUND WILL COLLAPSE . . . . BREAK . . . IT WAS SOME OTHER twit . . . BREAK . . .

NOT JIM!

....he said in denial:

I did not issue this nor did I say any of it. I am trying to get it corrected. It is outrageous.

...meanwhile he has probably shorted the Euro....SEE YUU JUM!....... :)

"GDP up by 25% in US$ terms in the last year.

Go the Aussie!"

Aussie triumphalism with a chart like this,

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=USDAUD=X&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

lurking in the closet, seems, with the greatest of respect, misplaced.

Irony calling indirectapproach...

BTW Dr Bubb would stick a trendline through your graph and call parity in six months. The graph also shows that a straddle would have paid out nicely.

This was Jim on the 20th Jan according to Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=agxlt5ZPtyLA&refer=home

Jim Rogers, chairman of Singapore-based Rogers Holdings, said the U.K. is finished and investors should sell the currency. Commonwealth Bank of Australia said there was a high risk of a cut to the countrys credit rating outlook and lowered its pound forecast. Prime Minister Gordon Brown authorized a 100 billion pound ($142 billion) bailout for banks.

I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have, said Rogers. Its finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the U.K. Rogers correctly predicted the start of the commodities rally in 1999.

Edited by gruffydd

You mean Q4 GDP was +0.3% from +0.1% . . . so revised upwards even though investment dropped 5.whatever%???

Confidence really will be lost if they're found to be fudging.

Yep they doctored it again how much wool they can keep pulling over peoples eyes

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/edmundconway/100004040/dont-be-fooled-gdp-was-actually-revised-down/