House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delite1

33 Estate Agents Offices Close

The slowdown in the housing market has hit Britain's biggest chain of estate agents hard with staff being laid off and branches closed.

Countrywide has reduced its staff in estate agencies by nine per cent through natural wastage and closed 33 branches.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...12/nhouse12.xml

Here we go........ the snowball is gathering pace - & getting ever bigger.... :lol:

Here we go........ the snowball is gathering pace - & getting ever bigger.... :lol:

I like the way Countrywide delayed giving this information untill the day after they made headlines by their fantastic loss of profits - lessening the effect. Imagine the headlines

33 Estate Agents Offices Closed

I wonder how many redundancies this caused?

This article has even managed to appear in todays Eastern Daily Press - Norfolk

albiet in the main paper and not the property suppliment unfortunatly.

1st Volume vanishes

2nd White goods vanish

3rd Estate agents go bust

4th Inflation rises

5th Interest rates rise

6th Debts soar

7th Reposessions soar

8th My money in bricks and mortar

Simple life i live.

1st Volume vanishes

2nd White goods vanish

3rd Estate agents go bust

4th Inflation rises

5th Interest rates rise

6th Debts soar

7th Reposessions soar

8th My money in bricks and mortar

Simple life i live.

So by my reckoning we are at number 3 at the moment. I like this list so much i'm gonna print it off & stick it on my wall. Then i can monitor things & tick each level as they happen.Roll on number 8. That's my lucky number from now on!

Slightly off-topic but I was amused by the headlines about the Countrywide profits drop - spot the odd one out!

Property slowdown causes slump at Countrywide - The Independent

Countrywide hit by 'appalling' downturn - The Guardian

Countrywide profits collapse - Daily Mail

Countrywide hails 'turning point' in housing market - The Times

:lol:

The slowdown in the housing market has hit Britain's biggest chain of estate agents hard with staff being laid off and branches closed.

Countrywide has reduced its staff in estate agencies by nine per cent through natural wastage and closed 33 branches.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...12/nhouse12.xml

So what are the job prospects for an ex-estate agent? And what about the company cars? If estate agencies keep closing the used car market will be flooded with 2nd hand MG's and minis.

Seriously, I can't think of anything constructive an ex-estate agent might be useful for. I just hope those who have been laid-off haven't jumped on the BTL wagon recently.

I like the way Countrywide delayed  giving this information untill the day after they made headlines by their fantastic loss of profits - lessening the effect.  Imagine the headlines

33 Estate Agents Offices Closed 

I wonder how many redundancies this caused?

This article has even managed to appear in todays Eastern Daily Press - Norfolk

albiet in the main paper and not the property suppliment unfortunatly.

It was projected in the news a few weeks ago that we would be looking at 13000 job losses in the estate agent sector over the next 12 months.

So if you kill an estate agent is it pesticide?

Pest control, more like it!

This is excellent news, Countrywide EA's were the b*****ds who attempted to shaft my Dad when he bought a flat in London last summer (yes, I know dreadful time to buy we did try and warn him but to no avail). Apparently last time he went passed the office that he dealt with there was 1 member of staff (as opposed to around 6) looking forlorn with nothing to do!!!!!!!!! :lol:

In fact we (the entire family and Dad) were out last night having dinner to celebrate Countrywide's impending collapse! :lol::lol::lol:

Slightly off-topic but I was amused by the headlines about the Countrywide profits drop - spot the odd one out!

Property slowdown causes slump at Countrywide - The Independent

Countrywide hit by 'appalling' downturn - The Guardian

Countrywide profits collapse - Daily Mail

Countrywide hails 'turning point' in housing market - The Times

:lol:

The Times is extraordinary - total VI/rampers' paper with Patience Wheatthingie and the unbelievable Anatole Kaletsky. Times readers can't have any sort of grip on reality, as I'm all too well aware from one of my nearest relatives (who seems to think her housing "wealth" will increase ad infinitum). Since the Times is supposed to be read by the people who run the country I find their absurd views rather worrying.

The Times is extraordinary - total VI/rampers' paper with Patience Wheatthingie and the unbelievable Anatole Kaletsky. Times readers can't have any sort of grip on reality, as I'm all too well aware from one of my nearest relatives (who seems to think her housing "wealth" will increase ad infinitum). Since the Times is supposed to be read by the people who run the country I find their absurd views rather worrying.

I suspect Mr Kaletsky has a number of buy to lets, hope he's got incontinence pants at the ready. ;)

Guest struthitsruth
Why would inflation rise?
The cost of owning a house - including taxation - increased more than four times as quickly as the inflation rate in the year to March 2004, Halifax said yesterday

from Daily Telegraph Business News Saturday August 13th.

Something to make all you renters smile.

'struth

serves them right tbh. They talked the market up (into oblivion) now they are reaping the effects of this. They sell speculation. Now they need to talk the market down, only talking it down will see profits rise.