House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

"ordinary People"

Most people are financially illiterate and often they spend like there is no tommorow. Superficially these people i meet seem happy and content (happier than me in fact).

But somewhere along the line the sh1t will hit the fan for them - possibly house repossession and more likely retirement in poverty. Dont they ever come across anyone themselves who have retired in poverty already or got repossesed - where are these people ? Do they hide away ? How can you possibly live on about £80 per week ?

How can you possibly live on about £80 per week ?

Sainsbury's cat food .... 2 tins per day - 14 * 28p = 3.92

sainsbury's timmed peas ..... ditto ..... - 14 * 22p= 3.08

economy condoms......... pack of 18....................=5.50

Tesco's Extra Strong Lager.......50 cans - 1.29 *50=64.50

3 Lottery tickets..................................................=3.00

=====

£80

Simple

Edited by justanewbie

Sainsbury's cat food ....  2 tins per day - 14 * 28p = 3.92

sainsbury's timmed peas .....  ditto ..... - 14 * 22p= 3.08

Tesco's Extra Strong Lager.......50 cans -  1.29 *50=64.50

=====

£80

Simple

PMSL

:D:P:D:P:D:P

dont forget your accomodations paid for and no poll tax. the £80 is just for spending and if your frugal and practical and with a good mind, you can enjoy life on that without problems.

i know a doley who spends 3 months camping in wales in early summer. he nips back to sign on - but what a life. in winter he hikes with his girlfriend all over the lakes. he buys from car boots ect. eats corned beef and fishes. better than working in some grey office. and his wife is a bit of a looker too. they brew wine. do up flat - which is free.

no big material wishes. hes not a chav, but its a strange one. seems content.

How can you possibly live on about £80 per week ?

Hi,

Just do what everyone else does. With that 80 quid, you'll get a B&B self cert mortgage for sure, get a nice little ex-authority pad in the middle of town (we all know they will go up 50% every few years - just make sure it's not the block where the hoodies, pimps, crackwhores,twockers and teenage gangs keep their smack stashes - location, location, location!), then dip into a bit of that lovely mortgage equity withdrawal to buy food and electricity as you need it. With a capital asset as well, you will have access to credit cards. Simple.

i know a doley who spends 3 months camping in wales in early summer. he nips back to sign on - but what a life. in winter he hikes with his girlfriend all over the lakes. he buys from car boots ect. eats corned beef and fishes. better than working in some grey office. and his wife is a bit of a looker too. they brew wine. do up flat - which is free.

We're obviously paying the dolees too much if they can afford all that!

Come now, 80 quid a week is going to be a thing of the past.

The vast majority of hard working people work for the Local Authority or the Civil Service on Final Salary Pensions.

Only those who failed to make the grade to high office will be poor come retirement day, and maybe they deserve to. Because they are the same people that voted in the Labour Government.

Old word for a male chav. Taking Without Owner's Consent.

Yes, please excuse my poor spelling. TWOC, taking without consent, generally a young, bored, Burberry-clad rascal looking for some entertainment and breaking into a vehicle, taking it for a hair-rasing, smokey-wheels spin around a carpark. It's cheaper and nearer then Alton-Towers!

[You must be joking, I,ve been in Govn for a while with no hope of advancement, you get shat on messed about and if your politics does not suit the left wing hierachy (yes I said left wing hierachy !) then basically your F**cked.

Your right, many of my buddies on low salaries including me will retire on Shyte.

Most people are financially illiterate and often they spend like there is no tommorow. Superficially these people i meet seem happy and content (happier than me in fact).

But somewhere along the line the sh1t will hit the fan for them - possibly house repossession and more likely retirement in poverty. Dont they ever come across anyone themselves who have retired in poverty already or got repossesed - where are these people ? Do they hide away ? How can you possibly live on about £80 per week ?

I expect we'll see adverts like this:

"Mis-sold a buy-to-let investment? Call 0800 BUYTOLET for help in claiming compensation. No win, no fee."

Everyone will feel much better then and will blindly jump on the next bandwagon, having learnt nothing from the experience other than being thick pays, cos you can claim compensation.

Maybe we'll see adverts like this too, eventually:

"Thick? Call 0800 IMTHICK for help in claiming compensation*.

* Please note, compensation will be claimed from your parents. This could leave them with nothing, hence you will inherit nothing, but you've probably not read this far and won't have worked out that the only winner in all this is us, the lawyers. You will notice this clause exactly when it's too late, but cos it's written here you can do nothing about it, except phone 0800 LAWYERS for help in claiming compensation from us."

I expect we'll see adverts like this:

"Mis-sold a buy-to-let investment?  Call 0800 BUYTOLET for help in claiming compensation.  No win, no fee."

Maybe we'll see adverts like this too, eventually:

"Thick?  Call 0800 IMTHICK for help in claiming compensation*.

, except phone 0800 LAWYERS for help in claiming compensation from us."

Reminded me of this gem from www.sniffpetrol.com :)

AdLegal.jpg

Edit:

Another one worth a look...relevant to some of our credit discussions :)

AdCredit.jpg

Edited by FTB

Sainsbury's cat food .... 2 tins per day - 14 * 28p = 3.92

sainsbury's timmed peas ..... ditto ..... - 14 * 22p= 3.08

Tesco's Extra Strong Lager.......50 cans - 1.29 *50=64.50

=====

£80

Having given this some thought I think I have identified a saving.

300Metres of Cling Film 1.50p

Having given this some thought I think I have identified a saving.

300Metres of Cling Film 1.50p

Oh please, that's pure profligacy...

...1 pair large marigolds 99p, cut off fingers and recycle. :D

Oh please, that's pure profligacy...

...1 pair large marigolds 99p, cut off fingers and recycle.  :D

Or don't buy condoms at all, get ur girl pregnant and you'll get a house and Tax Credits for the next 18 years.

That's the most cost-effective way to live, surely?