House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AmateurEconomist

If You Were An Ea, Would You Act Different?

I think that the much accused ea is no diffefrent from the average seller who mostly earns a living by selling a product. Is it the seller's fault that the buyer falls for false advertising and pays a huge price for an ordinary product? Caveat Emptor, or 'let the buyer beware' has been the practice for centuries. The sheep behaviour has brought this crisis and would have happened even with totally honest (impossible?) ea's.

I for one must admit that I wouldn't act any different. Anyone else in my position?

I dunno, but am influenced by knowing that one of the bullies from my school went on to become an estate agent so am biased.

What do EAs actually DO to earn the commission? Difficult to justify in my mind.

What do EAs actually DO to earn the commission? Difficult to justify in my mind.

Impossible to justify in the boom times! I know estate agents who have simply raked it in over the last few years.

The (I believe) average rate of 3% commission on a £200,000, brings in £6000, a staggering amount of money for the simple act of selling it. Now that the lean time are hear it will be interesting to see how those agents fare.

Would I act differently?

I'm not an EA, but if I were I would have got another job in a different industry in early in 2004!

I think that the much accused ea is no diffefrent from the average seller who mostly earns a living by selling a product. Is it the seller's fault that the buyer falls for false advertising and pays a huge price for an ordinary product? Caveat Emptor, or 'let the buyer beware' has been the practice for centuries. The sheep behaviour has brought this crisis and would have happened even with totally honest (impossible?) ea's.

I for one must admit that I wouldn't act any different. Anyone else in my position?

I don't really blame EAs myself. They have taken advantage of a boom period like anyone would. I don't have sympathy though if they have not planned for the inevitable lean years.

I blame the elite of the country that, like a drug dealer outside a playground, got the country hooked on 'cheap' debt. These elite have got centuries of history to go on to show why this is a bad idea, but it was typical short-termism and greed.

Debt is slavery.