House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starcrossed

Debate On Hpc Site On Daily Mail Board

Interesing comments from those looking at this site for the first time. Starts with:

"If you're very quiet you can hear muffled gunshots coming from the 'other side' on housepricecrash.com - they were all utterly convinced that rates were going UP !!!!!

I fear the cut will finish a few more off - still lets hope they don't close the site down - its one of the funniest sites on the net ! 4 years they've been predicting an 'imminent' crash - bless em !"

Posted by: scampips on 11/08/05 at 07:58 AM

Having just spent quite a time reading through some of the posts there, I have to say that there are some very good evidence there of price falls (which corresponds to what I'm seeing in my area).

The degree of knowledge on that forum also seems very high. The logic of those predicting further falls appears far more robust than those who are simply saying "prices never fall"

Just look at their first time buyers thread - it is a good counterpoint to those whose livelihoods desperately depend on sucking more and more people into this housing bubble i.e. EAs and building societies.

Thabks for alerting me to this site, which can be found on www.housepricecrash.co.uk"

There is more at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandar...quiz_id%3D14351

Interesing comments from those looking at this site for the first time. Starts with:

"If you're very quiet you can hear muffled gunshots coming from the 'other side' on housepricecrash.com - they were all utterly convinced that rates were going UP !!!!!

I fear the cut will finish a few more off - still lets hope they don't close the site down - its one of the funniest sites on the net ! 4 years they've been predicting an 'imminent' crash - bless em !"

Posted by: scampips on 11/08/05 at 07:58 AM

Having just spent quite a time reading through some of the posts there, I have to say that there are some very good evidence there of price falls (which corresponds to what I'm seeing in my area).

The degree of knowledge on that forum also seems very high. The logic of those predicting further falls appears far more robust than those who are simply saying "prices never fall"

Just look at their first time buyers thread - it is a good counterpoint to those whose livelihoods desperately depend on sucking more and more people into this housing bubble i.e. EAs and building societies.

Thabks for alerting me to this site, which can be found on www.housepricecrash.co.uk"

There is more at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandar...quiz_id%3D14351

Interesting find. The "they were all convinced interest rates were going up bit" shows the short-termism through and through. They can't see past this insignificant 'set-back'.

It's good to see some support from an apparent newbie to this site too. Show's that people are finding here and making their own mind up, which is what we've all been saying anyway.

Good find.

Interesting find.  The "they were all convinced interest rates were going up bit" shows the short-termism through and through.  They can't see past this insignificant 'set-back'.

It's good to see some support from an apparent newbie to this site too.  Show's that people are finding here and making their own mind up, which is what we've all been saying anyway.

Good find.

Confession timer: I am scampips!