House Price Crash Forum
firebug

How Much Cash Do You Have Stashed?

I know it's not polite to ask, but I'm asking anyway. How much cash do you have stashed and how much do you expect to have by next summer?

I'll start off :-

£40 stashed

(min) £50k by next summer

Goal = buy a house outright in 2 to 3 years

Come on guys open your flies!! :D

Edited - poor spelling...again

Edited by firebug

I know it's not polite to ask, but I'm asking anyway.  How much cash do you have stashed and how much do you expect to have by next summer?

£40 stashed

£1 Million by next summer, I've just gone out and bought 100,000 scratch cards, its going to take me that long to get through them.

Why do you want to know, are you gaugeing how much money is on the sideline, this is typical EA and Mortgage broker queries.

Edited by Dicky

:( Taking the p*ss

If i had that i would not be clicking the keys on this board :(:(:(

I would be somewhere very hot and not doing alot :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stupid bloody question to be honest :blink:

Its not a "i've got more than you forum"

Its a " the administration have [swearing removed by moderator] up forum"

With a focus on that jock tw@t :lol:

I know it's not polite to ask, but I'm asking anyway.  How much cash do you have stashed and how much do you expect to have by next summer?

£40 stashed

A lot.

But why would I waste it on a house? :D

Nomadd

Hi,

Is it me, or has the level of 'Oh, you could afford if you really wanted too' type of threads suddenly escalated in the past few days?

I am wondering if there are a few VI, EA Mortgage brokers out there trying to get the people on the high income mutliples to dive in?

I am sure of it. Please, look at the HMSO debt statistics, I'll think you'll find most people are not hoarding cash stashes and are probably in debt. The savings ratio in this nation is very low. Unsecured debt is very high. Houses are over priced. How many extra sales could you drum up in the current conditions?

It was a genuine question...oh well never mind guess I should have known better :ph34r:

Hi,

I apologise 100%. Please forgive me. It's just that I think - despite some of doom gloom - this is a good resource for people to get alternative views and our media is completely biased. I think the biggest risk group at the moment is any FTB who has no substantial capital assets apart from a deposit and could get sucked in - even though they are probably 1% of ftb's. Just keep thinking TTRTR probably has 7 aliases.

:)

Hi,

I apologise 100%. Please forgive me. It's just that I think - despite some of doom gloom - this is a good resource for people to get alternative views and our media is completely biased. I think the biggest risk group at the moment is any FTB who has no substantial capital assets apart from a deposit and could get sucked in - even though they are probably 1% of ftb's. Just keep thinking TTRTR probably has 7 aliases.

:)

Apology accepted. Nobody on this site wants a crash more than me, believe me. I actually dream about it....I was just interested to see if we bucked the trend in saving, since we seem to buck the trend when it comes to behaving like your typical sheep...I just think that now I might actually see a light at the end of the tunnel, and maybe just maybe I will be able to buy something in a few years cash...This is is no way mean't as a boast or supposed to offend anyone, I know there are ex students and the like who must feel truly stuffed and I feel for them, I really do, but I am 38 not 28 hence a little bit of money stashed.

.....With a focus on that jock tw@t :lol:

What has his ethnicity to do with his pudenda-like qualities?

I'm not stalking you Panda, but everytime I see you do this I will pull you up.

Replace "jock" with "English", "Irish", "Arab" or anything else and see if you see that as acceptable. :angry:

NDL

:( Taking the p*ss

Stupid bloody question to be honest :blink:

Its not a "i've got more than you forum"

Its a " the administration have [swearing removed by moderator] up forum"

With a focus on that jock tw@t :lol:

I think firebug is asking the question just to get an overall picture of what FTBs have to help them to get onto the property ladder. Or am i wrong firebug?

-£1400 in bank overdraft

-£15k+ in student loan

:D:D

in the the words of property guru

"Hope that helps"

It's pleasing to see somebody in a similar situation to myself!

-£600 bank overdraft

-£14K student loan & professional studies loan

Trying to get it paid off a quick as I can, but it's a slow process. Would also like to build up some capital/investments but it's probably best to get rid of the loans first.

Replace "jock" with "English", "Irish", "Arab" or anything else and see if you see that as acceptable.  :angry:

NDL

You a jock then :P

Should not be so sensitive, but then thats the jocks i suppose, a sensitive bunch. :blink:

5K and a 1.3L Proton thats all i have to my name, gals wanna date?

Ah, but with your share dealings it will be £100k in no time!

Oh, and I have 33k + -8k student loan debt (which I will never overpay on)

Next summer? Err 44k + -£7,500 student debt (my debt is only reducing by £40 a month due to the threshhold being 15k (thanks gordy, i'll be paying that off for the next 16years!))

I'm not stalking you Panda, but everytime I see you do this I will pull you up.

Replace "jock" with "English", "Irish", "Arab" or anything else and see if you see that as acceptable.  :angry:

NDL

Okay. Translator, please. In the U.S. "jock" means athlete. It has only a very slightly negative connotation (as in "dumb athlete who never opens a book"). I guess I'll have to search google for its meaning in Britain.

Gosh, I could be insulted on this board and not even know it... :unsure:

Edit: Found out what it means!!! And I found this page, which I'll keep handy when I get confused again: http://cellwall.stanford.edu/todd/humor/usvsuk_language.html

Edited by Yankee

You a jock then :P

Should not be so sensitive, but then thats the jocks i suppose, a sensitive bunch. :blink:

Actually, no, not by birth at any rate. :P

Since you have forced my hand, and apologies to the forum as this is way off-topic, but would you find it acceptable to have"English", "Irish", or "Arab" in place of "jock"?

NDL

Edit:spelling

Edited by New Darker Law

Ah, but with your share dealings it will be £100k in no time!

Oh, and I have 33k + -8k student loan debt (which I will never overpay on)

Next summer?  Err 44k + -£7,500 student debt (my debt is only reducing by £40 a month due to the threshhold being 15k (thanks gordy, i'll be paying that off for the next 16years!))

I keep telling myself that, though to come home today from my 2-10 shift (back in at 9am because tommorow its friday :blink: ) i seem to be missing about a grand from my portfolio :lol:

Okay. Translator, please. In the U.S. "jock" means athlete. It has only a very slightly negative connotation (as in "dumb athlete who never opens a book"). I guess I'll have to search google for its meaning in Britain.

Gosh, I could be insulted on this board and not even know it... :unsure:

Lol, the rich tapestry that is the English language.

Panda is inelegantly referring to Gordon Brown who is Scottish. Jock is a derogatory term for a Scot.

What this has to do with his poor stewardship of the UK economy is anyone's guess.

NDL

edit:spelling (sheesh my typing is worse than usual!)

Edited by New Darker Law

Lol, the rich tapestry that is the English language.

Panda is inelegantly referring to Gordon Brown who is Scottish.  Jock is a derogatory term for a Scot.

What this has do do with his poor stewardship of the UK economy is anyone's guess.

NDL

So, are all Scots athletic? :)