House Price Crash Forum

A Startling Statistic Regarding The Public Sector

As for what I've contributed I guess you'd need to ask the kids that I work with who we've removed from abusive and neglectfull families that one.

Oh, I'm sure you are their hero. Unless, as is more likely, they despise you as just another disruptive influence on their shattered world.

When this country's public finances finally hit the brick wall they are sprinting towards, egged on by the great entitled such as yourself, I'm sure your bleeding heart will compel you to work for free. People like me will be long gone, so you will have to toil on alone and finally, finally learn the value and effectiveness of your efforts.

Good luck.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be really wrapped up in a pound note, you need to get out there and see the world a bit.

You'd be surprised at whats going on outside of ebay and this site.

As for what I've contributed I guess you'd need to ask the kids that I work with who we've removed from abusive and neglectfull families that one.

You mean the kids who wouldn't have been born in the first place if you didn't pay benefits?

:)

You mean the kids who wouldn't have been born in the first place if you didn't pay benefits?

I agree with Injin. I am going to lie down for a bit.

Seriously, would Karen Matthews have had 5 more kids if she could literally not afford to keep the first 2?

Two words - MORAL HAZARD. Consequences never, ever go away. Try to defer them, and they will flank your defences and decimate you from behind.

Edit: typo and syntactic sloppiness, naughty!

Edited by tahoma

smile.gif

Which brings forth an interesting question: should we prevent those on benefits from having children? I.e. only those working OR not working but no claiming benefits can have (and keep) a child?

Is this the sort of society we want? Personally, I'm not sure (i.e. I'm currently neither for nor against the idea).

Which brings forth an interesting question: should we prevent those on benefits from having children? I.e. only those working OR not working but no claiming benefits can have (and keep) a child?

Is this the sort of society we want? Personally, I'm not sure (i.e. I'm currently neither for nor against the idea).

I refer you to the irishman - "you wouldn't want to start from here."

Which brings forth an interesting question: should we prevent those on benefits from having children?

While I don't want to make any modest proposals, I think having a child or five when you are plainly incapable and/or unwilling to support them is an act of deep, almost criminal irresponsibility. Someone will be forced to face the consequences sooner or later, and coupled with the uber-righteous entitlements of hitch-hikers like our very own Midnight Rider, it just makes us all much, much poorer.

Anyone stupid enough or selfish enough to do this will be unlikely to make a good parent anyway. Some of you may have read Freakonomics, where it is proposed that the only thing that saved America's inner cities in the 70s from a full collapse into criminal anarchy was the loosening of abortion law 16 years prior. That bought some time. We are facing our own demographic underclass issues now, with a catalyst of mass immigration from non-first-world countries.

The question is when we say the word. And the word is, 'No'.

(puts up righteous-indignation proof umbrella)

Edited by tahoma

Good luck with servicing your 8 figure line of credit.

I applaud your research, I note you visited my profile and trawled through my posts. I think this proves my point that medics are underworked. I am sorry for not replying earlier but full time work for me isnt 4 days a week. Alas, in terms of time, I yearn to be a NHS GP.

PS. Thanks for your concern about my business but you need not worry. Its reccession proof and risk free. Sleep easy my public servant friend.

you dont need to do many medicolegal report in the private sector to make 50k .........http://www.greenmedicolegal.com/fees.htm

just plausible that public sector salaries mean private sector ones in the same field have to be higher to compete

arbitrage my dear boy

Guest absolutezero

just plausible that public sector salaries mean private sector ones in the same field have to be higher to compete

arbitrage my dear boy

If public sector salaries are higher then surely the private sector market isn't doing its job properly and the private sector needs to pay more. Supply and demand and all that guff.

Everyone on here bangs on about the market. Except when it doesn't fit their blinkered Tory world view.