House Price Crash Forum

It's Hard Work Spreading The Message

HOLA441

Was having my usual Friday night HPC rant in the pub to a friend and his wife (they came into money 2 years ago and bought up 3 properties for BTL), and the landlord of said ale house. All have lived in the village all of their lives. Was explaining that house prices were coming down and why I felt they would plummet, was explaining why we Sold to Rent 6 months ago.. was trying to explain that we hadn't been viewing houses because there was no point, as the prices in the area were coming down.

Landlord - "House prices will NEVER go down in this area"

Me - "Really - how come then that the house on your road that came onto the market 2 months ago has just been reduced by 10k ?"

Landlord - "I can't see prices going down in this area".

Bang head against wall 1 :angry:

Me - "Seriously, house prices ARE going down in this area. I can name at least 7 properties that we have been monitoring over the last 3-4 months that have been reduced in price, some by up to 15%"

BTL Friend's Wife - "House prices are still going up. You'll be eating your words in 18 months time"

Bang head against wall 2 :angry:

BTL Friend - "{Name} - (local EA who drinks in said ale house), said to us the other night that the market has stabilised but she does not believe that prices will fall and she should know, she's an Estate Agent in this village"

Me - "So why has she got a "reduced this week" section on her website ?"

Glorious silence!

Like I say, it's hard work spreading the HPC message, but I'll keep on persevering... :D

HOLA442

Pulp Fiction - keep up the good work :lol:

Quote From Pulp Fiction - just for fun:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

HOLA443

Might I humbly suggest you invite our learned colleague Dr Bubb on your next visit to your local.

His arguments are most persuasive and hard to dispute.

good luck and I trust your head is not too painful after the continual banging.

Yoou know you are right and that you have not let greed overtake logic.

HOLA444
Might I humbly suggest you invite our learned colleague Dr Bubb on your next visit to your local.

His arguments are most persuasive and hard to dispute.

good luck and I trust your head is not too painful after the continual banging.

Yoou know you are right and that you have not let greed overtake logic.

Any home owner with a mortgage will be the same.

My folks no mortgage on there place, say wait it's going to crash!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447