House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
urban_hymn

Prices Down In Barnet

http://www.barnettimes.co.uk/news/localnew...ouse_prices.php

"...In the long term, he predicted a positive picture for the housing market. "There are more properties on our books then ever before," he said.

"The fact that developers are still building new properties all the time means that the market is looking positive. We are not about to encounter the problems we had in the Eighties."

I hope you all derive some amusement from this (if it hasn't been posted before!)

http://www.barnettimes.co.uk/news/localnew...ouse_prices.php

"...In the long term, he predicted a positive picture for the housing market. "There are more properties on our books then ever before," he said.

"The fact that developers are still building new properties all the time means that the market is looking positive. We are not about to encounter the problems we had in the Eighties."

I hope you all derive some amusement from this (if it hasn't been posted before!)

I live in Barnet.

This is priceless!

Marcus Brilliant, of Jeremy Leaf Estate Agents, High Road, East Finchley, says that these changes are due to a lack of confidence in the market. He attributes the drop in prices to the recent terrorist attacks and potential buyers going away in the summer.

Marcus... the changes relate to the period to the end of June. The terrorist attacks took place in July and the summer holidays had hardly started by the time this period ended (unless he means last year's summer holiday).

Marcus is, I fear, less than brilliant.

I wonder which one of the morose-looking gits I see in their office everytime I pass by is Marcus?