House Price Crash Forum

Missus Has Managed To Lose Car Keys

the_duke_of_hazzard

1 replacement key = 170 quid

2 replacement keys + reprogramming = 280

The latter is probably over 10% of the value of the car, but if it got nicked because I didn't want to spare the 100 quid I'd feel as much of a twit as my wife does now.

The keys haven't turned up. I think someone took them out of the door on a whim, then thought the better of doing anything about it.

I had 3 of them. XJR, XKR and a S-Type (hated that one)

The first two made me erect and if it wasn't for the silly fuel prices these days, I'd buy another tomorrow. I could have just been anally raped but getting into the XKR with it's plush leather, luxurious interior and 400 bph would make everything ok again. (I had to get rid of it as I wasn't a good enough driver to handle it in anything other than a straight line!!)

Someone ask Guitarman if he is in to his Jags.....

I had an XJR.

Second best car i've ever had and loved it to bits. By the time I got rid of it, it had done 120K miles and expensive stuff was starting to wear out so I though best to offload it, before it bankrupted me.

I'm looking looking to change my car next year and i'm seriously thinking about a pre-March 2006 (coz of the stupid tax) XKR convertible. My annual mileage is now low so petrol cost isn't too much of an issue. I've taken a couple for a test drive and I love 'em. Just have to convince the missus as we share the car. She likes Honda Accords. :o

I had an XJR.

Second best car i've ever had and loved it to bits. By the time I got rid of it, it had done 120K miles and expensive stuff was starting to wear out so I though best to offload it, before it bankrupted me.

I'm looking looking to change my car next year and i'm seriously thinking about a pre-March 2006 (coz of the stupid tax) XKR convertible. My annual mileage is now low so petrol cost isn't too much of an issue. I've taken a couple for a test drive and I love 'em. Just have to convince the missus as we share the car. She likes Honda Accords. :o

Put 120k on an Accord and you're only just breaking it in!

1 replacement key = 170 quid

2 replacement keys + reprogramming = 280

The latter is probably over 10% of the value of the car, but if it got nicked because I didn't want to spare the 100 quid I'd feel as much of a twit as my wife does now.

The keys haven't turned up. I think someone took them out of the door on a whim, then thought the better of doing anything about it.

They've turned up - literally an hour before shelling out the 270 quid.

Turns out a visiting child put them in the coat pocket of another visitor...

So your bird lost them and has decided not to fess up. :)

You've no hope when it's a visiting child. At least when our daughter nicked my keys I could use the 'well we can't go to X's house to play now'. They were mysteriously 'found' within minutes <_<

She's just turned 3. She has a habit of doing this - trying to be "helpful". I won't beat her too hard.

My two came within a hairs breadth of a slap this week. The one wedding photo we had on display in the house now looks like it's been involved in a car accident.

Anyone who hasn't bred yet, you have been warned...

Guest theboltonfury

My two came within a hairs breadth of a slap this week. The one wedding photo we had on display in the house now looks like it's been involved in a car accident.

Anyone who hasn't bred yet, you have been warned...

Mine turned up my 100watt amplifier to 10. I left it on 1. The dials at the perfect height for a 17 month old.

Turned it on and nearly blew out the windows.

He's now at Barnardos.

Mine turned up my 100watt amplifier to 10. I left it on 1. The dials at the perfect height for a 17 month old.

Turned it on and nearly blew out the windows.

He's now at Barnardos.

:lol:

One of my little darlings, at the age of 2, dragged my hair straighteners out from under our bed, took them on to the landing, unplugged the dehumidifier, and plugged the straighteners in. In those days I had straighteners that didn't have an on/off switch! I came upstairs to find out what he was up to, and thankfully the cream carpet was only just starting to scorch. :unsure:

I can't find the stats, but I've been quoted a multi-million pound figure for the damaged caused every year by the under-4's

Archived