House Price Crash Forum

Ftb Priced Out Of The Market? - Take Action Now!

HOLA441

Latest survey of consumer confidence quoted in Times and elsewhere states that buyer confidence has recently taken an upturn. Rubbish!. The survey is biased from the outset as it is hosted by www.propertyfinder.com which:

1) has a vested interest in artificaially raising consumer confidence to boost the housing market (and so profits) and

2) is visited mainly buy those who can still afford to buy, not those who cannot. If you are looking for a house on this website then cognitive dissonance states that you will not allow yourself to believe that house prices will fall significantly.

Personally I'm sick of these surveys and dissinformation from mortgage lenders who are trying to fool buyers with talk of a "soft landing". The market operates by boom and bust... we had the boom, now guess what! Anyone who cannot see the forthcoming crash is blinkered.

FIRST TIME BUYERS TAKE ACTION NOW. If you wish to send a small shockwave through the market then complete the survey at www.propertyfinder.com. If everyone from this site completes the survey this may provide a more representative view of confidence in the media. Hopefully this will speed up the downward spiral of consumer confidence, leading to affordable houses once again!

Even better, rent and stay out of the market until you can afford the house you want! We don't have to settle for less! <_<

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Thinking of the housing market abroad, came back from Norway on Wednesday. Never thought I would say it but houses are actually much cheaper there than in the UK now! With wages about double that of the UK I'm thinking of emigrating. :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446

I answered everything truefully, so -20% except the 12months time I don't think it will quite be down by 20%, as I think the reported falls (average) are going to start gradually and then accelerate away. As there are still muppets buying at the inflated prices.

HOLA447
Thinking of the housing market abroad, came back from Norway on Wednesday.  Never thought I would say it but houses are actually much cheaper there than in the UK now! With wages about double that of the UK I'm thinking of emigrating.  :blink:

Shortly to be emigrating to Canada. 4 Bedroom faimly house near the middle of town (one of the major cities) under 200K sterling.

HOLA448

"Even better, rent and stay out of the market until you can afford the house you want! We don't have to settle for less! "

Exactly. The best action we FTB'ers can take is to stay out of the market.

Essentially we can bring about a crash by refusing to play the game.

HOLA449
Thinking of the housing market abroad, came back from Norway on Wednesday.  Never thought I would say it but houses are actually much cheaper there than in the UK now! With wages about double that of the UK I'm thinking of emigrating.  :blink:

Friend of mine lives there and housing seems very cheap. However, he spends an absolute fortune on food - they go across the border to Sweden to stock up on meat owing to the price. As for alcohol, forget it. £5 per pint... So no wonder wages are so high!

HOLA4410
"Even better, rent and stay out of the market until you can afford the house you want! We don't have to settle for less! "

Exactly. The best action we FTB'ers can take is to stay out of the market.

Essentially we can bring about a crash by refusing to play the game.

i can't help but think that renting is only prolonging the boom. After all who are you renting from? The BTLers. I reckon stay out of rented accomodation as well, buy a caravan instead! :ph34r:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
IQuestioner:  How much will houses cost after the crash?

Bearish expert:  How much could you afford to pay for a house if you couldn't borrow a mortgage and you had to pay for them with your own cash?  That's how much they will cost.

It might have been Prechter, but can't remember- sorry.

As now, they will cost what people are prepared to pay for them.

The market is governed and driven, not by EAs or the Government,

or the Building Societies, NOR BY SELLERS ...

a free market is governed by the customers.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
-20% ?

if houses only drop -20%  i still wont be able to afford anything

i hope this is in a year

cause 140k instead of 180k for the average house still aint enough for me

80k is

thats it

I agree, 20% aint nearly enough for most folks. I would need a 50% correction overall to make things affordable again, that's how inflated this bubble is. I earn the average salary, so i must be in the same boat as most.

20%? that's as useless as no crash!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I like the second question:

Which of the following reasons do you think will explain the fall?

Interest rates will rise

Personal borrowing levels are high

Increasing unemployment

More and more people are moving out of the region

House prices are too high relative to incomes

I ticked yes on all counts! (i live in sw london)

HOLA4422

Keep up the good work. I'm sure this will start to have an impact on the confidence survey if everyone ticks -20%! Will wait with interest to see whether the results appear in the mainstream media. I can see the headlines now:

"SUDDEN LOSS OF CONFIDENCE LEADS TO HOUSING MARKET MELTDOWN!"

For those of you haven't filled in this survey follow the link:

http://www.propertyfinder.com/survey/pfsurvey.htm

Edited by KickThemInThePant

HOLA4423

I think the results will have an even greater impact if the following are reported:

More and more people are looking to rent while selling their own property

Increasingly people are prepared to slash the asking price of houses they are currently selling in order to secure viewings and an offer.

HOLA4424