House Price Crash Forum

You Might Like To Watch This

I wouldnt worry too much its very easy to get in and screw their systems up if you know how. Only last week I gained access to HSBC systems when I closed my account!

So easy! :lol:

Anyone want a divvy up or need their debts wiped out? :lol::lol::lol:

Have my insurance in place as computers do my bidding and been planning for something like this since 2004 when I bought debtsorted.com becuase I could see back then what was going to happen.

You did what, exactly?

Gained access to the HSBC systems.

Lets just say it pays to watch the Real Hustle and learn.

Edit: I will also add when it suits the Courts & CPS anything said on the internet is classed as hearsay!

Farck!

I'll send you some numbers.

Get transferring.

I'm not going to do anything as I will be traced and force will be used to restrict my freedom even more. Do I want to end up in Prison? No I dont. But Tesco didnt want to take any risks when I handed my notice in Nov 98 as they couldnt afford to have their systems go down at the busiest most profitable time in the calander aka run up to Xmas.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambridge+team+crack+chip+and+pin

See the story above I'll tell you an even easier way to crack Chip and Pin.

Just clone a card the usual way but make it look authentic although most traders will never know what a card should really look like so could not spot a fake card or real card. Make sure the chip doesnt work so the hole in the wall relies on mag strip data for pin or the terminal falls back to signature verification for the trader and just make sure said card has your signature on it.

Easy hey? :lol:

Only way chip and pin can be secure is to have your photo on it, and have to do a signature and pin verification. If any of those 3 fail reject transaction.

Ijust find it really easy to spot problems with computer systems but that might have something to do with writing computer programs and databases when I was kid. Started when I was 4, had BBC basic at primary school and C64 at home. Rest is history.

We'd better shut up now.

Gained access to the HSBC systems.

Lets just say it pays to watch the Real Hustle and learn.

Edit: I will also add when it suits the Courts & CPS anything said on the internet is classed as hearsay!

I gain access to bank systems each time I use Internet banking. Doesn't give me any more power than I had before.

Or did you somehow root one of their transaction servers? Even then as I'm sure you know, they can roll things back.

Why? As I have said the Courts and CPS consider anything said on the internet as hearsay when it suits them. I've already had that thrown in my face when I got done for speeding and took the stand to represent myself which got me a months ban.

I've since obtained the manufacturers own admission their devices can get speed readings from stationary objects and I have all the information I need to prove the laser speed reading devices can make mistakes most notable becuase the device cant identify where the reflection comes from. If it was intelligent then it could determine it but the algorithm works on the basis of a consistent strength reflection strength and relies on vegeitation to be around the targert vehicle if the laser beam spread is bigger than the target vehicle.

Biggest problem for accurate measurements are when the police park up hidden on slip roads like the A11 into Norwich theres armco crash barriers that will give a more consistent reading than from a car for example. Put it like this if the police or scamera van operator has to pan the device to get a speed then they are not operating it according Home Office Labs guidelines.

Anyway this is my little baby I sit behind for 90 odd hours a week writing my software. My custom build pc configured with help from VMworkstation to run multiple OS's all at the same time with maxed out performance. The media would class this as a super computer but its not.

toomuch.gif

Blimey!

Wot? :unsure:

You're like well clever.

No didnt root as the *nix users like to say, and sure they can roll things back _if_ they can find the problems before the money has gone.

Lets just say all companies who use IT support staff should make sure the person is who they say they are, I'm sure we have all fallen into the trap of assuming some is who they say they are. If HSBC changed all their password they can prevent my access so my access is limited but again what an aggro and of course when you type your password in make sure people like me cant see what keys you type in. The HSBC system the staff us is front ended by windows and windows shows the username on screen.

We get told to shield our pin numbers but how many people shield their password when they log onto computer systems? B)

Of course HSBC might be interested in one of my AI programs which monitors keyboard and mouse usage as we all have a unique way of typing and this is a method to ensure authenticity. Some people type with two index fingers others can full touch type, then we have common spelling mistakes like TEH instead of THE, so all of this data is monitored and used to build up a user profile that can then be attached to user account much like finger print systems work.

Oh nos, you figured out my heritage. This reminds me of doing the same thing to screen savers in Currys/PC World, and then standing there and playing SimCity in the store for several hours. It was good.

Really don't like statistical analysis of user input, because in profiling humans like that, you're essentially doing the same thing the state does (income bands, crime, race, terror, blah..). So you have to be very aware of the risks your system poses when it makes mistakes, and how to mitigate those risks.

Edited by Mixle

Of course HSBC might be interested in one of my AI programs which monitors keyboard and mouse usage as we all have a unique way of typing and this is a method to ensure authenticity.

Seems to be vulnerable to software that takes touch-typist A's keystrokes and outputs them according to hunt-and-peck B's profile (?)

No I just like to question everything and like to verify the facts where possible myself.

I dont trust anyone even family and am always mindful of someones agenda.

Personally I do believe unless the people wake up and want change, society will get worse with token gestures from the current establishment to keep life bearable but always with a slow erosion of quality of life.

Don't you do your own head in?

I know what you mean though. Especially agendas.

I dont follow? Bear in mind this pattern recognition can also consist of the time it takes to key different letters as some people type some letter combinations at the same consistent speed and other key combinations not. Computers are good for monitoring this sort of thing down to milliseconds but ultimately its all based on probability in the main.

Probability being the keyword.

You need to plan for when probability goes against you. The trivial case is input man-in-middle record and playback. Then there's illness, broken limbs (both real and the accommodating override that this will inevitably provide). Then, what happens when a member of staff is threatened with a gun, are they going to be able to access the system under stress, or is it okay for them to get shot because they can't access any money? And what happens as a result of greater power now being shifted upstream to the administrators, and software providers such as yourself?

Probability being the keyword.

You need to plan for when probability goes against you. The trivial case is input man-in-middle record and playback. Then there's illness, broken limbs (both real and the accommodating override that this will inevitably provide). Then, what happens when a member of staff is threatened with a gun, are they going to be able to access the system under stress, or is it okay for them to get shot because they can't access any money? And what happens as a result of greater power now being shifted upstream to the administrators, and software providers such as yourself?

GrandmaWithASilencer.jpg

If you goto GCHQ, take the dept that works on the TCP/IP military protocols so the military can use the net for less secure comms which could still be used on the laser line of sight communication field comms

Largely a waste of time. This was made possible in WW2 on phonelines. Take two tape recorders with a copy of same random noise tape, and run them at both ends of the line (one inverted). Ensure that the noise signal is 100x stronger than the intended carrier.

With modern chips, this costs very little to implement over IP. Instead, taxpayers pay for a whole city of engineers toying with complex cryptographic algorithms on FPGAs to achieve the same thing. They doesn't actually contribute much substance beyond obscurity.

you are not allowed to take anything electronic or capable of recording any data in any form in there. The also have dedicated lines not connected to anything that links elsewhere. Thats real security

... through obscurity and physical access control. If the systems they developed were really secure, they wouldn't need to crack down on the employees!

what the banks have is not secure becuase their systems can access the net and ok they can do black and white box testing for firewalls and software for example, they are always one step behind the curve becuase they dont know all the security bugs until the security bug is found. Just like this 17year old bug MS has fixed now. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8499859.stm

If someone finds a bug and keeps it quiet thats their advantage. Desires are also weaknesses ready to be exploited as we see with this housing boom. :lol:

Yes, well, people who choose to rely on things they cannot understand, control, or fix.. they kind of deserve it.

Theres one property Laser Line of Sight (LOS) comms has over all other forms of communication, if someone should detect the laser signal which lets face it is bloody hard in the first place, they would need to break the signal for a fraction of a second to then insert a listening device of sorts could be just a beam splitter in this instance. But any breakage/weaknessin the signal would throw up an alarm bell.

This is why its more secure than say radio frequencies which have more spread although laser still spreads out (beam divergence) which is what radians are although you probably know this already. Its just most people believe the common stereotype of lasers being a tight beam without any divergence. ;)

Line of sight telecoms are actually a great idea. Would also be neat to have in many commercial non-security related applications. Beams always diverge, except for short-lived areas of optically induced relative convergence. Which is why we should have omnidirectional optical interconnects with intelligent sensors :)

Do they?

Hmm. Well, in non-critical applications, there is no recourse against the operating system vendor. So yes, caveat emptor applies to software.

If you buy non-critical software (read: Windows) and apply it in a critical environment (read: Bank, Rail, Air), you're negligent.

Edited by Mixle

Alot of banks use Oracle (Deutche Bank for example) and Pervasive on *nix backends, Tesco use for example windows servers in your local store so that when you do your online shopping you see what is stocked by the store that will do the delivery, not the entire range becuase a Tesco Extra might have say 40k lines but a mid sized would only have say 25k or 30k lines to choose from.

I would say the Oracle systems are tested for security and performance. They have well defined characteristics. Local stores are not very critical, so they are fine on Windows boxes. But, would you run the LSE on Windows (the answer is yes)?

Take the space shuttle this uses 4 systems to ensure redundancy in the event of failure which is a lot higher as once out of orbit the shuttle is exposed to massive levels of solar radiation. Its custom built though so have security through obscurity and restricted access.

Actually, it's 5. There's a 5th box written by an independent contractor, which kicks in with a human override if the other 4 get confused. I don't think it has ever been used.

That is critical software for critical application, how it should be.

There's no obscurity in there. It's just a lot of code where every line and combination of lines has been tested thousands of times by independent engineers.

But what about other stuff like cars or planes? There is no point in being destructive unless you can come up with a solution imo.

Fighter jets typically have a 3 way voter. Car systems are typically tested to ensure they have defined real-time performance characteristics.

Thats the problem with many people they get negative but dont have solutions. We need more solutions.

The solution is not to mix off-the-shelf consumer software with life/finance critical applications.

Edited by Mixle