House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
defweb

Didnt Pay Rent Last Month. Landlord Not Noticed!

i share with 4 other people and we all pay elements of the £1400 rent. my bit is a few hundred but i didnt make my payment for july which is over month ago now. The house is currently in the process of being sold so the LL likely has a lot more fianancially going on than to notice a few hundred quid.

my question is. when can i consider myself as having got away with it? i have made my august payment and the house is currently in the process of being sold meaning i will have a new landlord.

persumably the LL will notice when carrying out his end of year accounts but by then ill be long gone...... B)

i share with 4 other people and we all pay elements of the £1400 rent. my bit is a few hundred but i didnt make my payment for july which is over  month ago now. The house is currently in the process of being sold so the LL likely has a lot more fianancially going on than to notice a few hundred quid.

Firstly put the rent in a savings account and don't spend it. If he does catch up with you then you should pay straight up. Secondly your contract sounds like it's a joint and several liability - which would mean that your housemates would be responsible for your rent if you didn't pay up.

Otherwise it's caveat rentier.

Firstly put the rent in a savings account and don't spend it.  If he does catch up with you then you should pay straight up.  Secondly your contract sounds like it's a joint and several liability - which would mean that your housemates would be responsible for your rent if you didn't pay up.

Otherwise it's caveat rentier.

yes. ive set the money aside and if requested i would pay immediately. It was a genuine error that i didnt pay but im not going to be forthcoming.

i share with 4 other people and we all pay elements of the £1400 rent. my bit is a few hundred but i didnt make my payment for july which is over  month ago now. The house is currently in the process of being sold so the LL likely has a lot more fianancially going on than to notice a few hundred quid.

my question is. when can i consider myself as having got away with it? i have made my august payment and the house is currently in the process of being sold meaning i will have a new landlord.

persumably the LL will notice when carrying out his end of year accounts but by then ill be long gone...... B)

I did something very similar last year. I always pay my rent on time by cheque through the post. One month I decided not to send anything, if my LL had noticed I'd have claimed that it was lost in the post and given him another cheque straight away. He never noticed (he's far from the brightest bulb on the tree).

I considered that I'd got away with it after about 6 months.

Very dishonest, but very satisfying :lol: