House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
renter1

Wimborne Dorset

I have just noticed a 3 bed end terraced house with 100ft garden on rightmove in wimborne. This is the first time houses like this have come into my price range. Is it me or has there been a drop in this area?

I have also noticed a house on my road has recently been reduced to £189,000 (by £10,000) last summer they were selling at £205,000 but when I first moved in 2 years ago they were seeling at £185,000. Have we seen a slight correction?

If anyone can shed any light on the movement of prices in this area - shout!! I am renting at mo and watching prices like a hawk - but not sure when right time will be to buy. I personally dont think an area like wimborne will drop much. Anyone?

I have just noticed a 3 bed end terraced house with 100ft garden on rightmove in wimborne.  This is the first time houses like this have come into my price range.  Is it me or has there been a drop in this area?

I have also noticed a house on my road has recently been reduced to £189,000 (by £10,000)  last summer they were selling at £205,000 but when I first moved in 2 years ago they were seeling at £185,000.  Have we seen a slight correction?

If anyone can shed any light on the movement of prices in this area - shout!!  I am renting at mo and watching prices like a hawk - but not sure when right time will be to buy.  I personally dont think an area like wimborne will drop much.  Anyone?

I am from wimborne, and I know that prices have gone mental over the past few years 98-03 and I know how Wimborne people think (small community, news travelling fast). Its very much driven on sentiment, for years people have been crowing about how there house is earning more than they arewhilst they stick away 10 pints in the cricketers on a friday night so everyone has been happy. This came to an end at about the time of last years folk festival(04), people have gone very quiet about houses other than saying that they cant believe thier house has been on the market for over a year nad not sold "its in wimborne for gods sake". Wimborne is a nice place dont get me wrong but my gut feeling is that just as prices went up really quick the it has further to fall than most, and i will be glad to be a spectator.

There was a post on this board a few weeks ago quoting someone from Brockenhurst (on the Motley Fool board, I think) saying that people there feel similarly -- that Brockenhurst is so desirable that it won't be affected by falls elsewhere. It's nonsense, of course, though it may take longer for reality to set in, and therefore for prices to start to fall -- except for those who have to sell in a hurry.

BE