Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Silent Watcher

A Question

Recommended Posts

I have been pondering a question for some time and I wondered if I could have your thoughts.

If 70% of the UK's housing stock is owner occupied and the other 30% presumably rented or empty/holiday homes, is there a significant percentage of the population who are homeless?

I only ask this because I can't understand who is going to live in all the new build accomodation. My understanding of Buy-to-let is that I could buy a second property and rent it out to someone who needs a place to live. However, if all of my peers are doing, considering, or have done that same thing, there must be a finite number of people to rent these properties to.

Immigration surely cannot make up the numbers to any huge degree, so there must come a point at which saturation occurs. John Prescott wants to build a million new homes. Is he inferring from this that either there are or will be nearly 2% of the population homeless including new immigrants ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 302 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.