House Price Crash Forum

Potential Ftb... But Prices Aren't Dropping!

Smousie

HOLA441

Looking to buy in the North East (see my post), in Middlesbrough. Got a 18-20k deposit, been renting for a year. Went to see a property in a nice area tonight. We like it. Bought for 53k back in 1999, up for OIEO £100k. Other houses on the road sold recently for around the 120k mark (a little better than this) and the vendors are after a quick sale.

Think we may put an offer of 95k in but i still feel like i should wait to see the crash out. Saying that, that may be another 3-4 years which is another 15-20k of rent, and if they went back down to 2000 prices, with inflation talking about 70k?

Heard of a lot of people loosing jobs in the area, but not saw much effect as of yet.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

How do i edit a post?! Can't seem to see the option anywhere. Also, at peak, houses on the road were going for 150k so seems to be priced quite well. Nice quiet road, house is decent, with a lot of potential.

There is an option to edit but its better just to post again.

Sounds like you are keen on the house. Life goes on crash or not, so enjoy it and do whats best for you.

Good luck

Edited by Quokka