HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Saw it this evening.

The bit where Kirsty was swanning round a £2million+ flat in london trying the remote control curtain closer, then said "If I lived here I'd be as fat as a pig"...brought a wry smile to my face.  B)

Wasn't it "If I lived here I'd be as fat as a pig within a week" ?

On that basis I can only assume she moved in there a good couple of years ago.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Saw it this evening.

The bit where Kirsty was swanning round a £2million+ flat in london trying the remote control curtain closer, then said "If I lived here I'd be as fat as a pig"...brought a wry smile to my face.  B)

Whats the big deal with remote control curtains, as part of a electronics project at college I made such a thing using some scrapped windscreen wiper motors and afew chips from Maplins, it cost about £15, folks are easily satisified these days.

HOLA4413

If you read that linked to page again it states

The programme was presented by property experts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer.

Has that just been edited? Is someone at the BBC reading HousePriceCrash at 10.00 at night...?! :huh:

HOLA4414
Whats the big deal with remote control curtains, as part of a electronics project at college I made such a thing using some scrapped windscreen wiper motors and afew chips from Maplins, it cost about £15, folks are easily satisified these days.

Did you leave the wipers attached and get a freshly wiped window every morning?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

So she's poking fun at herself being fat, and also never having studied at University.

Can't remember which posh town it was but 55% (or something) are educated to degree level and Krusty quips along the lines of "that wouldn't include me!".

HOLA4419
So she's poking fun at herself being fat, and also never having studied at University.

Can't remember which posh town it was but 55% (or something) are educated to degree level and Krusty quips along the lines of "that wouldn't include me!".

My University had a sign at the gate saying "No Fat Chicks Allowed", that might explain it.

HOLA4420
If you read that linked to page again it states

Has that just been edited?  Is someone at the BBC reading HousePriceCrash at 10.00 at night...?!  :huh:

I think there may be a conspiracy* here...

My story:

I've been an avid reader of HPC for close to a year now, but shortly after the last server upgrade, I found I was unable to access the site both from my home and (err, other) computer. I assumed that the site was just experiencing 'technical difficulties'.

Yesterday during a bout of extreme HPC withdrawls, I reverted from Mozilla to Iexplorer^, and the site worked... but (and it's a Kirsty sized BUT), I had to approve the download of the following cookie first:

Name: BBC-UID :huh:

Content: e4d26f19e323f4dfa183951b410b2efd1fdd17c5d080e083...

Domain: .bbc.co.uk

Path: /

So what's the deal? Why is HPC sending me a BBC cookie? Is there a conspiracy here*? Are the BBC monitoring us via HPC*?

Anybody?

F.

* I clearly know nothing about internet technologies - these are simply questions, not suggestions.

^ Upgrading to the latest firefox browser fixed the problem, but it still downloaded the same cookie!

HOLA4421
I think there may be a conspiracy* here...

My story:

I've been an avid reader of HPC for close to a year now, but shortly after the last server upgrade, I found I was unable to access the site both from my home and (err, other) computer. I assumed that the site was just experiencing 'technical difficulties'.

Yesterday during a bout of extreme HPC withdrawls, I reverted from Mozilla to Iexplorer^, and the site worked... but (and it's a Kirsty sized BUT), I had to approve the download of the following cookie first:

Name: BBC-UID :huh:

Content: e4d26f19e323f4dfa183951b410b2efd1fdd17c5d080e083...

Domain: .bbc.co.uk

Path: /

So what's the deal? Why is HPC sending me a BBC cookie? Is there a conspiracy here*? Are the BBC monitoring us via HPC*?

Anybody?

F.

* I clearly know nothing about internet technologies - these are simply questions, not suggestions.

^ Upgrading to the latest firefox browser fixed the problem, but it still downloaded the same cookie!

It's probably to do with the xml news-blog ?

HOLA4422