House Price Crash Forum

Unbelievable Blair

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't believe that Tony Blair is being allowed to use the enquiry to tell us all that Iran needs sorting out. This war criminal should be on trial.

I am utterly flabbergasted.

sad but not surprising though. reading & listeing to PressTV Iran is more than prepared thats why Israel is hesitating to bite the bullet as it could be the end of it. We have all witnessed how Israeli myth was shattered by Hizbullah in 2006, low life Bliar can act as Israeli spokeman if he likes but his time will come.

He sounds like a typical American as defined by Death in Monty Python's meaning of life.

I'm no fan of Blair, or any politician for that matter, but I don't buy all this evil genius claptrap.

Listening to all of it on 5 live.

Yes, he is evading some questions, but he sounds to me like someone who believed he was doing what he had to, or at least what served the interests of the UK as well as his own.

Also if you just huff & puff, you won't hear the considerable detail he is giving on what went on at the time.

How about giving your views when he has finished?

I s'pose at the end of the day - he thought bombing raids that would maim, kill & orphan children was acceptable in the circumstances as he saw them.

People who don't agree will never forgive him.

Never forget though. WE ELECTED HIM. He is a reflection of the British People at a point in time.

Guest GravyTrain

Never forget though. WE ELECTED HIM. He is a reflection of the British People at a point in time.

Nonsenical statement

I bought a Gary Glitter record 20 years ago

but I don't want to be associated with paedophilia

Nonsenical statement

I bought a Gary Glitter record 20 years ago

but I don't want to be associated with paedophilia

I think you find many Labour party policy statements on warfare.

Are you suggesting that Blair acted contrary to the wishes of all other Labour members.

Gary Glitter never mentioned his sexuality AFAIK.

I'm confused, seems to be pure hatred here rather than response to logic.

I think it is fair to say he was a far better alternative than the lies and crass economic mismanagement of the incumbent Tory party. Major had lied to the electorate about putting up tax and Thatcher had had her own war worries with the Falklands and the murder of the sailors on the Belgrano, but was sacked for her idiotic views about the EU. Billions in North Sea Oil revenues had been squandered on tax cuts for the very rich. Most of the nation's assets had been flogged off on the cheap making millions for the city. As per the song of the times - "things can only get better". Sadly Blair was a religious nut job and (IMVHO) as dishonest as the previous two PMs.

British politics seems to me to be a long and never ending whinge about the government followed by a change out of desperation rather than reason.

We are about to repeat this rather silly behaviour.

Guest GravyTrain

I think you find many Labour party policy statements on warfare.

Are you suggesting that Blair acted contrary to the wishes of all other Labour members.

Gary Glitter never mentioned his sexuality AFAIK.

I'm confused, seems to be pure hatred here rather than response to logic.

Blair went marching to war just months after he secured his second term.

Nobody knew he was going to do this

Much in the same way no GG fan knew that the disgraced popstar was going to take his computer down to PC world

Well, I'm not really sure I remember the part in the manifesto that said vote for me and I'll bomb people.

Not that I voted for him anyway, so speak for yourself. And one or two people did demonstrate regarding the invasion, back when you could actually demonstrate without getting a criminal record of course.

The interesting question though, is under a different government, or even different Prime minister, would we have taken the same actions.

There can be no clear answer, obviously, but, I suspect not.

But still, I have no doubt that he believed in what he was doing, and that's what made (makes?) him so damn dangerous.

Ive watched bits and bobs of these inquiries over the last couple of days, and been comparing it to those nazi trials after ww2.

Frankly i think if the nazis used the same reasoning and excuses as blair and his crooks they would either be laughed out the building or immidiately locked up in the loony bin

I know politicians constantly use doublethink and false dictomy where the public are concerned, but refused to believe they are actually so completely inept behind closed doors. Guess i was wrong.

No. About 20,000 people in a small area of Northeast England elected him, and they'd've elected Herr Schickelgruber if he'd been their local Labour candidate.

Come to think of it, not so much difference between the two charismatic warmongers with True Belief in some mad idea of Rightness.

You'd have a point, If part of his election platform was that he would lie about threats to national security in order to commit troops to an invasion that ended up killing 100,000 citizens of another country. Reckon that would have been a vote winner?

So, don't drag the electorate into this one (well, you could blame them for reelecting themin 2005 , when it was already apparent that he and his cabal had engineered many lies in order to take us to war).

The small consolation is that people like him need to be loved and adored; and he knows how hated he is in his own country, and how history will see him. I bet that gets to him in the dead of night.

No. About 20,000 people in a small area of Northeast England elected him, and they'd've elected Herr Schickelgruber if he'd been their local Labour candidate.

Come to think of it, not so much difference between the two charismatic warmongers with True Belief in some mad idea of Rightness.

The problem with getting people to elaborate on forums is that they oppose the views expressed.

I just wondered why people were quite so mad at Blair.

I think I know now.

agreed 100%

hate these Blair supporters justifying his war crimes.

I can't help thinking that if we weren't getting our arses kicked in Iraq/ Afghanistan there would be no enquiry.

If we had sorted it out in weeks with minimum casualties (our side of course) there would be cheers and back slapping.

That shows the hypocrisy of our nation, these people talking about an illegal war (much prefer legal wars they are more friendly , i'm sure the Taliban would agree) and looking for a scapegoat - would they be doing the same if it had not turned into such a mess?

Archived