House Price Crash Forum

The Great Kirstie Allsop Quote Thread

HOLA441

Thought i would start a thread, in appreciation of our leading lady.Trawl the net see what you can come up with.

heres a few i found from Kirstie the clown.

Kirstie Allsopp’s rich background includes a period spent in India teaching English. Upon returning to the UK she worked for Country Living and Food & Homes Magazines, gained a wealth of experience within the interior design field at Hindlip & Prentice Interiors and studied the History of Art at Christie’s – all of which have helped give Kirstie an eye for detail when viewing properties.

Kirstie founded Kirmir Property Search, but recently joined partnership with her co-presenter Phil Spencer at Garrington Homefinders, striving to find the perfect property for every client and making it as painless a process as possible.

Kirstie co-presents Location, Location, Location, Relocation, Relocation, Location Revisited, and The Property Chain for Channel 4 as well as being a regular contributor to Homes & Gardens Magazine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kirstie Allsop wanted to publish a picture of herself in her underwear to prove she's not fat.

The 'Location, Location, Location' star admitted she wanted to use the snaps to launch a nationwide poll to see if people thought she was overweight after a newspaper branded her chubby.

She said: "A newspaper recently had paparazzi photographs of me coming out of a health food shop with a winter coat on.

"They were saying 'Ooh, has Kirstie put on weight?'

"I was sorely tempted to get my boyfriend to take a picture of me in my bra and knickers to send to them to do a readers poll."

Kirstie Allsop honoured in Viz

Thanks to the Rat and Mouse reader who's alerted us to the fact that Kirstie Allsop has just made it to number 29 in Viz magazine's Top 100 Borderline Boilers. Once we'd got over the horror of discovering that the Rat and Mouse shares a reader with Viz, we set about gathering more information:

"If she could see her way to giving my extension the once-over," writes Ogilvy Mather of Berwick-on-Tweed "I'd happily gazump all over her desirable frontage and original features."

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I would still love to know what's happened to the sale of her flat in West London.

Considering she was going to put it on the market in around July last year, just as the slowdown began to bite, I wonder if she's decided to wait until the market "recovers"?

That could make for some fantastic TV (here you go ITV, some more ideas from HPC)!

HOLA446

I would still love to know what's happened to the sale of her flat in West London.

Considering she was going to put it on the market in around July last year, just as the slowdown began to bite, I wonder if she's decided to wait until the market "recovers"?

That could make for some fantastic TV (here you go ITV, some more ideas from HPC)!

I'm just glad we were spared the sight of her on london tonite yesterday.

HOLA447

My favourite quote from Kirstie came when she appeared on the ITV program 'This Morning' back in September 2004, Kirstie told Philip Schofield that Doncaster was a current property HOT SPOT, Philip asked 'Why is that?' to which Kirstie replied 'because it's close to Newcastle and Durham'!!.........For those whose Geography is as bad as Kirstie's, Newcastle upon Tyne is approx 120 miles from Doncaster!!

HOLA448

Kirsty alert - Kirsty alert

Sorry to but in and hijack the theme of this thread but have just been watching morning tv on ITV whilst ironing before going on holiday and OMG

Krusty will be on in the next minute doing - CHEAP CHIC FASHION :blink:

Will she be eating a hat at the end of it?

Lets see.................... :o

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Hi,

Well, I read an article in a sunday supplement, about 12-18 months ago as I remember, where in the property supplement, Ms. Allsop was in an interview article about 'how youngsters can get on the ladder'.

She went on to explain how it was just as difficult for her when she first bought. She told how she had to borrow money from her granny to put a deposit on a flat, it was just as difficult then, said kirstie in complete sincerety. She had to take the plunge though, just like FTB's must find a way, or additional sources of borrowing, now. Yes, she said how she eagley-eyed spotted a flat in up'an coming Clapham and granny lent her a 50% deposit. No, I did not misprint that, 50% deposit. In the mid ninities. When the market had bottomed out of it's last crash. So if there hadn't been a crash last time, maybe the career of kirstie would never had been launched at all. The fickle finger of fate. So anyway, kirstie was really urging people to borrow from their Parents or friends or work 2 or 3 jobs because it was just as hard for her (to buy during the trough of the last crash with a 50% deposit). But she was adamant. She wanted a place of her own! She didn't want to be living in the faimly home anymore - the faimly home in Kensington Mews?! Gawlp! Y'know, that area of London where it's really, really nice and you really, really need to be seriously wealthy to consider living there.

Anyway, it was tough for Kirstie and she did it. So just stop your nonsense talk now. Everything at the moment is perfectly sane and reasonable. Excuse me while I beam up to my starship. ;)

HOLA4411