House Price Crash Forum

0.1% Growth Makes Mandelson Lose The Plot

HOLA441

Did anyone else just watch the interview with Peter Mandelson and Ken Clarke on Channel 4 News?

I think I just saw a man have a nervous breakdown on the screen. Peter Mandelson couldn't stop talking, interrrupting Ken Clarke, and repeating the same inane drivel over and over again. No need for cuts, growth is going to save the day. Over and over and over again.

Then to top it off he started talking about himself in the third person: "Peter is going to do this", "Peter is going to do that.".

Maybe the clip will be posted on youtube. It was a classic.

The man's a nutjob. The country appears to be crashing with madmen at the helm.

Edited by waitingscot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Did anyone else just watch the interview with Peter Mandelson and Ken Clarke on Channel 4 News?

I think I just saw a man have a nervous breakdown on the screen. Peter Mandelson couldn't stop talking, interrrupting Ken Clarke, and repeating the same inane drivel over and over again. No need for cuts, growth is going to save the day. Over and over and over again.

Then to top it off he started talking about himself in the third person: "Peter is going to do this", "Peter is going to do that.".

The man's a nutjob. The country appears to crashing with madmen at the helm.

I saw it. It was like a sketch from The Mary Whitehouse Experience.

Starts on Channel 4+1 in 10 minutes.

Still, Mandelson behaved no differently to his performance in other recent interviews. I think Labour have completely lost the plot and being run by too many competing megalomaniacs.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

The man's a nutjob. The country appears to crashing with madmen at the helm.

Please someone capture this on video and put it up on youtube.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

No linky linky? Gotta see this

C4 site with excerpted video: LINK

Both men's voices raised a pitch and the pair drew physically closer as the debate progressed.

At one point Mr Clarke told his rival: "Peter, for heavens sake. I know you're worried, this is very bad news for you, but for heaven's sake behave yourself."

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

We all know he's completely deluded. What's new?

True.

Seriously though, how, how, HOW? Has he become so powerful. If you read a brief summary of his 'career' it is littered with shame, scandal, embarrassment and failure. Add to this the undeniable fact <crazed, hypnotic, spinning, satanic eyes> you agree with me, YOU AGREE WITH ME </crazed, hypnotic, spinning satanic eyes> that nobody would leave their child in a room with him, even for a moment (think about it -you really wouldn't would you?) due to his almost Biblical creepiness, how has he become more than a despised headmaster (which is what I imagine he would have become without his 'powers')?

Serious question - anyone know how he has managed it? Or does the Government have that much contempt for us they will inflict him upon us as an all-powerful demi-god politician with a shrug of the shoulders and a 'fukc them, they'll never notice' smirk?

Edited by daniel stallion

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

True.

Seriously though, how, how, HOW? Has he become so powerful. If you read a brief summary of his 'career' it is littered with shame, scandal, embarrassment and failure. Add to this the undeniable fact <crazed, hypnotic, spinning, satanic eyes> you agree with me, YOU AGREE WITH ME </crazed, hypnotic, spinning satanic eyes> that nobody would leave their child in a room with him, even for a moment (think about it -you really wouldn't would you?) due to his almost Biblical creepiness, how has he become more than a despised headmaster (which is what I imagine he would have become without his 'powers')?

Serious question - anyone know how he has managed it? Or does the Government have that much contempt for us they will inflict him upon us as an all-powerful demi-god politician with a shrug of the shoulders and a 'fukc them, they'll never notice' smirk?

Yes.

HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury

So in one brief interview he has pretty much admitted that interest rates will stay low and QE will carry on.

Gilts up, pound down and our credit rating shot to pieces.

It will have nothing to do with him in about 2 months.

HOLA4416

So in one brief interview he has pretty much admitted that interest rates will stay low and QE will carry on.

On t'other thread someone said I was wrong when I said QE will go on now they have a perfect excuse.

Who's right?

QE or not QE, that-is-the-question...

TLB

HOLA4417

Jeez, some people are never happy, stop complaining, it's official dontcha know, the recession is over...innit.

HOLA4418

I think Labour have had their plans somewhat thrown into the air because few expected 0.1% preliminary. And with the revision not until the end of next month, its cut down their options on setting a date considerably. Hence the still very slick but moderately flustered cucumber sitting next to Ken Clarke.

The man's a nutjob. The country appears to be crashing with madmen at the helm.

Edited by fallingbuzzard

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest theboltonfury

What i found astounding is the bit where Ken Clarke says :

Ken: ... we have the biggest, fastest rising debt

and then under his breath but caught on the mic Mandelson replied : Who cares?

Astounded i was just stunned.

Why is this not on the news. Nevermind BBC - Sky would gladly run that sort of thing.

HOLA4422

What i found astounding is the bit where Ken Clarke says :

Ken: ... we have the biggest, fastest rising debt

and then under his breath but caught on the mic Mandelson replied : Who cares?

Astounded i was just stunned.

So we have 'Who Cares' and 'So What' in our ruling cabinet. God help us :(

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

So we have 'Who Cares' and 'So What' in our ruling cabinet. God help us :(

Quite right, the vast majority of the morons in the country do not care as they do not understand, and NuLab have made it their business to ensure that they never will.

The majority still go with the old mantra of the Tories = bad and Labour = good therefore the masses (not that they would be watching Channel 4 news) would still think after seeing that interview that Ken Clarke is a fat rich Tory and Mandleslime is a really nice bloke because he's in the Labour Party and they look after the 'hard working British families'