House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FaTB

Tories - Think Yourself Lucky

I wonder if in the near future the Tory party may look back at the 05 election and think - Thank god we didn't win that election.

They would have inherited an economy that had been booming for years, just as it starts to go nasty.

Now if the coming recession is as bad as some think it may be, surely its better for the Tories if Gordon and co. are there to take the blame.

They can then sweep to victory in 2009/10 and Nu Labour will be consigned to history, and unelectable for a generation. ( Bit like the Tories are now!! )

Guest growl
I wonder if in the near future the Tory party may look back at the 05 election and think - Thank god we didn't win that election.

They would have inherited an economy that had been booming for years, just as it starts to go nasty.

Now if the coming recession is as bad as some think it may be, surely its better for the Tories if Gordon and co. are there to take the blame.

They can then sweep to victory in 2009/10 and Nu Labour will be consigned to history, and unelectable for a generation. ( Bit like the Tories are now!! )

Here here. Only let hope we get our leader sorted out, and not some old fogie like Clarkie. Otherwise we will only last one term, and we can't forget the LibDems. :)

Word on the street (and please don't ask me which one) is that David Cameron is home and hosed as next leader of the Conservative Party.

A formidable opponent for Tony Bliar at Prime Ministers Question Time.

UK plc is a CRASH waiting to happen

If their lacklustre election campaign was anything to go by, they never wanted to win the last election. My view is that they deliberately threw it.

If their lacklustre election campaign was anything to go by, they never wanted to win the last election.  My view is that they deliberately threw it.

I agree with bluelady.

I have seen a fair few election campaigns and the Tories weren't hurting like they were the last time. Even the Labour hacks didn't seem that ecstatic about winning!

I think it was a generally felt losing wouldn't be the worst option.

NDL

...David Cameron...

Just like that other brilliant young man - now, what was his name? Vague? Bague? No, that's it - Hague! What happened to him I wonder? And his successor. And his successor. And his successor. And his ....

'Brilliant mind'. 'Fantastic debater'. 'A true blue disciplinarian'. 'Young'. 'Old'. 'Fresh'. 'Experienced'. We've seen them all come and go.

And now, apart from the boy, Cameron, we have the 'brought-up-on-a-council-estate' David Davis! And, a former boxer too! Sure to be able to 'punch above his weight' and many other fantastic descriptions! Like lambs to the slaughter.

The Tories should stop worrying about finding a leader and start finding a purpose for existing, at all.

p

Not sure I agree, I use my vote exclusively in an anti-tory manner.

I will vote for almost anbody (excepting the BNP and other jingoistic, neo -racist parties)

to keep a conservative out - but then I am one of Thatcher's children :D

ABB

P.S. I'm sure Kinnock was equally glad to have lost in '91 :)

I will vote for almost anbody (excepting the BNP and other jingoistic, neo -racist parties)

ABB

I would vote tory if Boris was in charge :lol:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?Boris4PM&1

We now need a truly Libertarian party. The current Tory party isn't it.

Not a continuation of the same old "buggins turn" politics we have endured for as long as I can remember.

We now need a truly Libertarian party. The current Tory party isn't it.

Not a continuation of the same old "buggins turn" politics we have endured for as long as I can remember.

I can't help thinking Portillo standing down was a great loss. To me, he seemed to have the liberal vision that could have made the Tories more electable.

Word on the street (and please don't ask me which one) is that David Cameron is home and hosed as next leader of the Conservative Party.

UK plc is a CRASH waiting to happen

I heard Cameron on Question Time and was not impressed - I thought he was lightweight, a bit bland and predictable really. At least David Davis actually sounds like he believes in something.

ABB

Aren't you supposed to vote for who you WANT to get in instead of any old clown as long as it's not so-and-so?

This is the reason we've got Tony and his band of dim-wits.

David Davis is a commoner; he might even be able to con the benefits claiming scum at election time into voting for him, then come across all uber - conservative once he gets in - and give all those pinko leftie sissies a kick in the teeth. :lol:

Guest growl
I can't help thinking Portillo standing down was a great loss.  To me, he seemed to have the liberal vision that could have made the Tories more electable.

Portillo would have made a fantastic leader. You only have to listen to him on this week. Whatever he says usually comes true. The only reason why he never became leader was because he was stabbed in the back by the likes of Tebbit and Widecomb. Of which I have never forgiven the old bat!

The thing is the main contenders where actually Portillo suporters or they at least worked with him in the past and share most of his views. So I wouldn't rule him out for the future yet. People return, he has before. :)

Some in the Tory party are trying to change it to become more "progressive" and "inclusive". People like Francis Maude, want the Shadow Front Bench to wear leather trousers with the **** piece cut out to appeal to gays etc...

My own view is that politics works in cycles (much like the economy, housing market and just about everything else). I think the Tories time will come and I hope they can offer something.

They need to appeal to the disillusioned 'middle-class' youth, worked hard played fair and been shafted by this faux, New Labour egalitarianism, prizes for everybody, give more money to poor people (even if they are chav scum) at the expense of people who actually earned and created it. They appeal too much to old people at the moment.

Labour are ******ed. They had one boom which was legitimate followed by another based on a people and government spendng money they have yet to earn. What happens next? What happens when the economy slows and not only have you spent yesterday's and today's money, but also tomorrows?

Portillo would have made a fantastic leader. You only have to listen to him on this week. Whatever he says usually comes true. The only reason why he never became leader was because he was stabbed in the back by the likes of Tebbit and Widecomb. Of which I have never forgiven the old bat!

I have to agree I like him too. as for Widdecombe, she is evil. Have you ever heard of a TV show called Terrahawks. She was actually one of the evil android witches called Cy-star. She attempted to change the colour of her hair and her name, but you will see the resembelence is uncanny.

Cystar (Widdecombe), Created by Zelda, as her sister, Cy-Star has an inferior android brain

cystar_1.jpg

images.jpg

post-2255-1123540992_thumb.jpg

post-2255-1123541261.jpg

Edited by iamconfusedagain

Guest Bart of Darkness

You've got me worried now. Whatever happened to the other android, Yung-Star?

I think the public need to be told! :o

quote=Bart of Darkness,Aug 8 2005, 11:21 PM]

You've got me worried now. Whatever happened to the other android, Yung-Star?

I think the public need to be told! :o

Well I do have some inside info:

Yung-Star, As with Cy-Star, he was created by Zelda, and is seen as her son. Yung-Star is cowardly, greedy, spoiled and lazy

He has fallen out with his sister and joined the labour party. He is also shagging sherry Blair.

y_star_1.jpg

post-2255-1123544423_thumb.jpg

Guest Bart of Darkness
He is also shagging sherry Blair.

No wonder he looks so miserable in that picture! :o

Poor sod!

Guest growl
I have to agree I like him too. as for Widdecombe, she is evil. Have you ever heard of a TV show called Terrahawks. She was actually one of the evil android witches called Cy-star. She attempted to change the colour of her hair and her name, but you will see the resembelence is uncanny.

cystar_1.jpg

Oh My GOD! :lol:

It is her!

Yeh she used to slag off Portillo for doing that program where he was a mum for a week. Saying how he had sold out.

Then she dyes her hair, wears a daft Alice band for a while and is now swaning around britain appearing in her own reality type program supposedly sorting out families who argue.

I mean who in their right mind would ask her for advice?

And who is she trying to kid? The woman is a hypocrite and a real sell out. :rolleyes: