House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delite1

Gsd .will Not Do.

I have been reading today and have seen a few bears showing a little concern over the price cuts not being rapid enough. Also I detect a hint of anxiety regarding interest rates. They seem to be a little afraid of the GSD (Gentle Slowdown Down.). Don’t be.

Nobody knows for sure what s happening to interest rates and some people are already viewing them as a red herring when unemployment and debt are considered but there is something more important that you have to bear in mind.

The GSD will not do. FTBs still will not buy, simply they can’t and BTLers, aside from a few who started years ago, will try to either crystallise what they have made or cut their losses. Remember they were primarily in the business for quick capital gain. Nobody wants to be a "break even" landlord.With more and more flats on the market developers will just cut the prices harder. I don’t need to know where you are at the moment but I can tell you that there is a block of flats going up near you.

One thing you must remember the GSD will not do, it is literally all or nothing. Just look at the transactions in the last quarter’s LR report the figures suggest almost 27% more would be house buyers have now shifted sides and agree.

I don’t need to know where you are at the moment but I can tell you that there is a block of flats going up near you.

There are five or six going up on my road and at least a couple of others on backroads nearby. One of the great things about a house price crash would be that we could drive through the village again without having to do a slalom around builders' cars and vans all the way.