House Price Crash Forum

Modern Warfare 2

Seen a couple of posts from various people, I thought Modern Warfare was addictive, this game should be banned. :lol:

Maybe if there is enough we could sort out a HPC team to take on the world. I'm on PlayStation mind, not XBOX.

I'm going through it on PC. Could never get the hang of FPS games without a keyboard and mouse.

It is very addictive. Only occasional problem is making a perfect headshot and then realizing it's a friendly.

Didn't like the first MW - not as satisfying as killing Nazis so am still playing World At War.

Still miss the expansion pack from the original COD with the bunker busting game - that was brill on the PC when you had 20 a side.

Have to admit COD is dumbed down on the xbos - stupid radars and mines that did not exist in period. Snipers can't hide due to radar and no fun trying to pinpoint and hunt them down. Also, you can start enemy tanks in a second whereas, on the original COD 1 PC expansion pack, you took longer to start an enemy tank than your own.

Took ages to learn how to use the xobx controller - it is lousey is you are a leftie as the button layout, even in leftie mode, means you have difficultu running and jumping. Uusually have to run, stop, jump and then run which makes you a sitting target for a second or two.

So, in short, have not bothered with MW2. What is capture the flag like in it?

Oh, also hate xbox live dicatating what game you join and which map you play - sometimes you can waste an hour just trying to get on the map you wish to play. On the COD PC servers you could play with your mates on fav maps with 20 a side - wonderful.

Here endeth the rant.

It's fooking awesome IMO. I do feel like I'm wasting my life on it though and I do feel tight on the missus so I plan on kerbing it for a few days and cutting down. I have friends (single obviously) who are on it all the time so it makes it hard.

Team Deathmatch and Domination are the games of choice. 1st prestige level 40 at the moment and I rarely finish a game in a negative K:D ratio. I have to confess to a bit of camping which winds my opponents up, although I'm nowhere near as bad as some people I've seen. There are some easy maps and some stinkers, I can't stand Rundown and not keen on Derail.

I'm glad the developers toned down the power of the 1887s though, it was just ridiculous at one point.

In need of a CoD detox!

I prefer the Ordnance Survery Map and cagoole chic of ArmA II. The only computer game I got seriously addicted to online was the not especially well-remembered Battlefield: Vietnam. Although it had no official stats monitoring I discovered there was a website that was keeping them. At which point I discovered I was the 24th best player in the country and the first 10 of them looked like they were cheating. Snapped the disk in two and threw it away. The strange thing is that while I don't disgrace myself on other titles, I've never achieved the same level of play as I had at BF:V where I could more or less carry the team completely on my own. In fact in stuff like TF2 I rarely even get above midtable for any given round much less any other kind of ranking. It was just that title for some reason. The conclusion I draw from this is that online shooters are a lot more about knowing the maps and the cheesy little manoeuvers people try than they are about the shooting part.

I prefer the Ordnance Survery Map and cagoole chic of ArmA II. The only computer game I got seriously addicted to online was the not especially well-remembered Battlefield: Vietnam. Although it had no official stats monitoring I discovered there was a website that was keeping them. At which point I discovered I was the 24th best player in the country and the first 10 of them looked like they were cheating. Snapped the disk in two and threw it away. The strange thing is that while I don't disgrace myself on other titles, I've never achieved the same level of play as I had at BF:V where I could more or less carry the team completely on my own. In fact in stuff like TF2 I rarely even get above midtable for any given round much less any other kind of ranking. It was just that title for some reason. The conclusion I draw from this is that online shooters are a lot more about knowing the maps and the cheesy little manoeuvers people try than they are about the shooting part.

There are several COD World At War maps where if you find the right place and snipe from there you basically kill the game - the opposition cannot advance and it is pointless. OK, you make loads of kills but only if the opposition are stupid enough to keep on playing. I just walk to a different game.

There are several COD World At War maps where if you find the right place and snipe from there you basically kill the game - the opposition cannot advance and it is pointless. OK, you make loads of kills but only if the opposition are stupid enough to keep on playing. I just walk to a different game.

Ah not so much  camping, it was more that players in online games are like ants, they always go in a straight line between point A and point B. I think I mostly just ambushed people and if I was going to cap a point, I went the long way round and never saw anyone on the way most of the time. Which was appropriate really I suppose given the setting and all...

Didn't like the first MW - not as satisfying as killing Nazis so am still playing World At War.

Still miss the expansion pack from the original COD with the bunker busting game - that was brill on the PC when you had 20 a side.

Have to admit COD is dumbed down on the xbos - stupid radars and mines that did not exist in period. Snipers can't hide due to radar and no fun trying to pinpoint and hunt them down. Also, you can start enemy tanks in a second whereas, on the original COD 1 PC expansion pack, you took longer to start an enemy tank than your own.

Took ages to learn how to use the xobx controller - it is lousey is you are a leftie as the button layout, even in leftie mode, means you have difficultu running and jumping. Uusually have to run, stop, jump and then run which makes you a sitting target for a second or two.

So, in short, have not bothered with MW2. What is capture the flag like in it?

Oh, also hate xbox live dicatating what game you join and which map you play - sometimes you can waste an hour just trying to get on the map you wish to play. On the COD PC servers you could play with your mates on fav maps with 20 a side - wonderful.

Here endeth the rant.

The possibilities are endless for playing whatever you like with a private match, the only downside is you don't earn the XP points to help unlock new guns, perks etc. Still with lots of mates it plays exactly the same and you can have some proper competition and bragging rights.

World at War for me was poo, I haven't even played the 1 player version yet, was so disappointed with the online. If I remember rightly it was different developers who did WaW to MW, Infinity Ward seem to make the better game.

If you liked the first Modern Warfare you gotta get MW2, it's wicked, if extremely addictive. If anybody would like to add me who plays here pm me for screen name.

Frag out !

Seen a couple of posts from various people, I thought Modern Warfare was addictive, this game should be banned. :lol:

Maybe if there is enough we could sort out a HPC team to take on the world. I'm on PlayStation mind, not XBOX.

I'm a PC gamer and I much prefer COD4 - Modern Warfare over MW2. I've only played a few rounds of MW2 but was very disappointed as there are: no dedicated servers, no console, I had to install steam to play it and all the servers I joined had awful lag despite my excellent ADSL connection (8MB+ DL) and top spec PC.

Asus extreme rampage 2 motherboard

i7 d0 920 CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz

9MB DDR3 RAM

x2 BFG nvidia 260 OCX 896MB

128GB SSD (operating system installed)

1TB HD, 2TB NAS

x2 monitors

G5 mouse & saitek keyboard

windows 7 experience index 7.3 out of 7.9

I'll probably give it a second chance sometime this month but in the meantime I'm busy putting together some frag movies of COD4 MW instead ;)

Feel free to check out part 1 or cut and paste the link below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/339638374/f00_frags_part_1.rar

Archived