House Price Crash Forum

Lib Dem Shadow Housing Minister

Im convinced the TV debates will boost Clegg.

Im sounding like a scratched 45 so i'll leave it there. :)

....I don't like him ..reminds me of a snivelling spoilt school boy and even Gordo seems to take the mickey out of him....their best politician and orator, spirited or not, is Charles Kennedy ....what a waste....and Vince is good also ...the combination of the two would give them back a voice ... <_<

But would you?

No way. You look like a Scarecrow in your picture.

How Sarah Teather voted on key issues since 2001:

* Voted moderately for a transparent Parliament. votes, speeches

* Voted very strongly for introducing a smoking ban. votes, speeches :angry:

* Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes, speeches :rolleyes:

* Voted very strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes, speeches :unsure:

* Voted strongly against introducing student top-up fees. votes, speeches :angry:

* Voted very strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes, speeches :rolleyes:

* Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes, speeches :rolleyes:

* Voted very strongly against replacing Trident. votes, speeches :rolleyes:

* Voted for the hunting ban. votes, speeches

* Voted very strongly for equal gay rights. votes, speeches :

* Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes, speeches :lol:

How do you vote very strongly anway

Nice one for the research.

As stated, I know nothing about her and don't want to be accused of being some kind of flagwaver, but what really impressed me was how she seemed not only reasoned in her responses but really honest. She could easily have given some blair-esque, audience pleasing answers but instead chose to state clearly what she believed and then back it up with reasoning, even if she knew her views might not be hits with the audience. She also seemed able to listen to other people's views. I don't generally have any time for politicians but some more like this might be a start. I even got the impression that certain other members of the panel raised their game a bit as a result. On the rare occasions that I've seen footage from the houses of parliament I have found myself either disgusted at that childish, unproductive bickering or despondent at the low attendence. According to your data above, thsi one at least turns up and gets involved and judging by last night's QT, she's very capable of reasoned debate. Believe me, I'm kind of surprised that I chose to post about this, let alone start a thread but if we need to have politicians, I'd like more like Ms Teather and fewer shouters, haters, duckerhousers, moatkeepers, yesmen, yeswomen etc. etc. etc.

Another libdem drone who with no real world experience outside politics. Wonderful, career politicians, just what we need more of.

See above.

I can't listen to her without recalling a quote, attributed to Peter Hitchins

"Sarah Teather may be a dog, however, her head is just the right height to balance a pint on whilst the men around her discuss serious matters"

I'll grant that's a vaguely memorable quote but do you think you or Peter Hitchens look more pathetic right now? Possibly too close to call.

Hopefully Cable will give him a thorough briefing. Clegg's as bland as Cameron but his economics advisor is of a far higher caliber.

There should be some serious questions posed to Brown. Career-ruining questions.

Like many I'm determined to see Brown and Labour out of office. My only concern is that the Tories won't do what is necessary to rectify the situation and the country has been brainwashed in to believing that a vote for any party other than Labour or Conservative is a "wasted" vote.

We shall see.

voting for someone other than tory or labour is never a "wasted vote".

YOUR one vote is not going to change the result in YOUR constituency, SO, you might as well vote for whom you want to .

and if you vote liblabcon then you obviously want another 30yrs like the last 30yrs.

voting for someone other than tory or labour is never a "wasted vote".

YOUR one vote is not going to change the result in YOUR constituency, SO, you might as well vote for whom you want to .

and if you vote liblabcon then you obviously want another 30yrs like the last 30yrs.

..."liblabcon"..?...all have changed in the last 30 years ...vote for the party nearest to your own beliefs ..and if they are not near ....form your own party ...the last thirteen years have taken their toll on me <_<

Theres something about Goody2shoes women that gets me off.

_46267591_sqt2009.jpg

Lovely women.

Why are british women in politics so damn ugly?

remember reading an article in one of the tabloids comparing ours, the argentines, the italians the ukrainians and so on. Gives a terrible impression of the UK to foreigners all these hideous creatures in parliament. Beckitt barely looks human.

Actually the middle one isnt bad, if she tried she could look nice enough.

Edited by Sadman

Another libdem drone who with no real world experience outside politics. Wonderful, career politicians, just what we need more of.

Check out the credentials of the Lib Dem front bench - they have vastly more real world experience than either of the other two main parties ...

Why are british women in politics so damn ugly?

remember reading an article in one of the tabloids comparing ours, the argentines, the italians the ukrainians and so on. Gives a terrible impression of the UK to foreigners all these hideous creatures in parliament. Beckitt barely looks human.

Actually the middle one isnt bad, if she tried she could look nice enough.

Posting at 1.54 am? Must be past your bedtime surely?

Please don't tell me you are any older than 15 with attitudes like that sad'man'?

Nice one for the research.

As stated, I know nothing about her and don't want to be accused of being some kind of flagwaver, but what really impressed me was how she seemed not only reasoned in her responses but really honest. She could easily have given some blair-esque, audience pleasing answers but instead chose to state clearly what she believed and then back it up with reasoning, even if she knew her views might not be hits with the audience. She also seemed able to listen to other people's views. I don't generally have any time for politicians but some more like this might be a start. I even got the impression that certain other members of the panel raised their game a bit as a result. On the rare occasions that I've seen footage from the houses of parliament I have found myself either disgusted at that childish, unproductive bickering or despondent at the low attendence. According to your data above, thsi one at least turns up and gets involved and judging by last night's QT, she's very capable of reasoned debate. Believe me, I'm kind of surprised that I chose to post about this, let alone start a thread but if we need to have politicians, I'd like more like Ms Teather and fewer shouters, haters, duckerhousers, moatkeepers, yesmen, yeswomen etc. etc. etc.

I agree. She's always impressed me when she's been on the show. We need more politicians like her.

In the past I've also seen senior gentlemen politicians on the panel attempt to talk over her but she's always stood her ground. I like her and she seems to be invited back quite often.

Is this a wind up? I turned to my wife and said I normally have a lot of time for most Lib-Dem MP's but this woman annoyed the hell out of me! Typcal weak Libral moron with half a brain. I'll say one thing in her defence though, It must have been uncomfortable having that dishonest filthy hypocrite Liam Burn staring at her so insanely throughout the whole program.

Generally I thought last nights question time was dissapointing, and a very boring bunch of panelists indeed.

Generally I thought last nights question time was dissapointing, and a very boring bunch of panelists indeed.

Agreed. Usual rubbish. We have a guy from the Treasury and not one economic question, especially with the economy getting more 'interesting'

I thought she spouted the usual electioneering tripe. Anyway, a Liberal vote is either a null vote or a Labour vote (hung parliament).