House Price Crash Forum
Scheherazade

Finally Plucked Up The Courage.....

I have been perusing this site for approx 18 months and have finally plucked up the courage to make myself known. Please be gentle with me!!!!

Hubby & I STR'd in Dec 2003 due to his contract being terminated after 7 years. We are now currently renting in Warfield Bracknell, rents in Warfield are expensive albeit a bit cheaper than our previous mortgage so we are managing to add a bit to the STR fund. However my contract has just been terminated early & there is precious little out on the job market, whatever I have seen is very low paid. We do intend to buy but need the housing market to drop by approx. 30%.

I have noticed that property in Warfield have not dropped & property also seems to be flying off the shelves. Does anyone out there feel the same about their area.

Please do not shout AWWWOOOOGGGA - i am not a troll but a bone fida STR although i have almost wet myself everytime i see that word on discussions.

I have been perusing this site for approx 18 months and have finally plucked up the courage to make myself known.  Please be gentle with me!!!!

Hubby & I STR'd in Dec 2003 due to his contract being terminated after 7 years.  We are now currently renting in Warfield Bracknell, rents in Warfield are expensive albeit a bit cheaper than our previous mortgage so we are managing to add a bit to the STR fund. However my contract has just been terminated early & there is precious little out on the job market, whatever I have seen is very low paid.    We do intend to buy but need the housing market to drop by approx. 30%.

I have noticed that property in Warfield have not dropped & property also seems to be flying off the shelves.  Does anyone out there feel the same about their area.

Please do not shout AWWWOOOOGGGA - i am not a troll but a bone fida STR  although i have almost wet myself everytime i see that word on discussions.

Welcome :D

:rolleyes: Thanks for the welcome.

Was in ikea on sunday in Bent Park London & went to the till to pay with my credit card when the cashier said they are now charging 0.70 for all CC transactions.

They introduced this last sept as i started to remonstrate thet they had never charged for CC before. Seems to me like they are also falling on hard times if they have to introduce this measure.

Welcome, S.

I just heard your theme song on the radio.

Dont answer if you prefer not to, but what evidence are you seeing of

healthy sales in your area?

:unsure: Hi Dr Bubb, Must admit I am a numpty were facts & figures are concerned & am well aware that you are one of the most "well respected " posters on HPC - I have enjoyed your posts immensly.

I do keep an eye on rightmove prices for Warfield & have not seen any prices drop at all - some sold signs are going up within two weeks of the for sale signs - I am aware that some of these my fall though before completion & am keeping an eye of the land registry website. I know my assumption is not fact based but still am surprised with the speed at which these boards appear then disapear.

There is a house at the end of my close that has sold within the last 3 months but am waiting for the final sales figure to be updated on nethouseprice.

Guest uberstuka
I have been perusing this site for approx 18 months and have finally plucked up the courage to make myself known.  Please be gentle with me!!!!

Hubby & I STR'd in Dec 2003 due to his contract being terminated after 7 years.  We are now currently renting in Warfield Bracknell, rents in Warfield are expensive albeit a bit cheaper than our previous mortgage so we are managing to add a bit to the STR fund. However my contract has just been terminated early & there is precious little out on the job market, whatever I have seen is very low paid.    We do intend to buy but need the housing market to drop by approx. 30%.

I have noticed that property in Warfield have not dropped & property also seems to be flying off the shelves.  Does anyone out there feel the same about their area.

Please do not shout AWWWOOOOGGGA - i am not a troll but a bone fida STR  although i have almost wet myself everytime i see that word on discussions.

Hello :)

Possibly teaching my granny to..., etc.

Try going here and putting in the RG42 postcode:

http://www.houseprices.co.uk

You'll then have an accurate breakdown of just what prices are doing in your area.

Might I refer the honourable new member to the dropping Wall Street Index(Dow Jones)

The expectation is for a rise in USA interest rates and the UK will follow with a sharp fall in the FTSE and a rise in UK interest rates(yes,you heard it here first)

I will GUARANTEE that you will be able to purchase a property at a considerable discount by Xmas 2005,anywhere in the UK.

I will reveal more as the weeks and months go on,however I am not able to breach the confidence of my informant.

As I write the Dow Jones,which opened with a 44 point gain is now in negative territory.

Something ain't right with the USA economy and it will spread to the UK rapidly.

:lol: oh my god - hope you are right.

i have been renting for 18 months now & must admit I am getting a bit fed up - we had a 4 bed detached in wokingham & have squeezed into a 3 bed - although have sold lots of stuff on ebay. I would love to have another 4 bed but in Warfield prices are 300K plus for anything not resembling a rabbit hutch so prices will need to come down by at 30% to make it affordable for me. I am waiting patiently for the crash but was really annoyed about the rate cut as it has affected my savings.

he cashier said they are now charging 0.70 for all CC transactions.

They introduced this last sept as i started to remonstrate thet they had never charged for CC before.    .

Welcome.

Not being funny or anything, but it's not the fault of the poor cashier, so why have a go at them about it. They probably make minimum wage, so I always make an effort to be nice to them, as life must be quite tough for them.

Welcome to the forum,

In an anecdotal response to your post, I should relate you the story of my close relative who recently sold a house in Warfield (off Counties Lane) and received an offer at full asking price within a day of putting it on the market. This appears, at first sight, to be a 'market whizzing along' phenomena. But upon closer inspection it isn't: they put the house on the market a cool £25,000 lower than they had been advised to last year. It was fairly priced and was snapped up. My relative, who was aware that house prices in Warfield were softening and so priced competitively is, of course, now a mite concerned they undersold. However, further up the chain they are now making good progress with some fairly cheeky offers.

There is a lot of similar stock around in Warfield. As unsold houses build up, it won't be long before a couple start selling cheaply and mark the next, newest 'lowest' benchmark price for a property in the area.