House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

208 User(s) In Total With 135 Guests

135 Guests online 13:18

Come on people it doesn't take 5 minutes to register and its so easy.

If your interested in this forum please register so we can see who you are.

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen

I look forward to reading and contributing some most informative posts on whatis,in my humble opinion,a superb website.

Dr Bubb seems a most learned person

It is indeed an honour to be admitted to an honest website.

:o Hi I,ve been evesdropping onto HPC for about a year now looking carefully at what is said, so after reading your thread ive decided to join the band !!!

Im hoping for stimulation (mental that is)`

High time I joined having watched from the sidelines.

I get no pleasure from reading about the property crash and mismanagement of the UK economy,but THE TRUTH HURTS.

With more tax hikes on the way how can property prices do anything but collapse.

The UK is led by the USA in many ways and when Wall Street will shortly nosedive it will take the FTSE with it.

Readers will be amazed to read soon about repossessions and mortgage arrears on the up and up.

Hi Guests and newcomers,

Let us know what is going on in your area.

Where are you from?  What is happening to property there?

Do your neighbors still believe the dream of perpetual boom?

I've been actively watching my (London based 2nd home owner) nextdoor neighbours house (right hand side of my property) for quite awhile now, Sold in may 04 last year for £115000 according to net houseprices.com and currently on the market for £125000 and now on their 2nd estate agent with it being on the market for at least 4months now

Where my other neighbour (Left hand side) had their identical property on the market for about 6 months @ £115000 and didn't even get an offer

where over the last few years i have seen the prices stretch further away from me, I’m now looking forward to the tide turning.....as I’ve already seen for myself

I've definitely found solace on these boards

Hi..been looking at this most interesting site for a while and look forward to joining in.I have been deeply worried about the housing market and state of the economy for about 2 years and this site helped to convince me to STR which I have now successfully done.

:ph34r: I out of hiding, been lurking for about a year. Sold up start of this year after house had been on market for over half a year. The price gaps between ladder rungs here is ridiculous (Sussex) so sitting it out for a couple of years and invested the str fund. My rule is all the time house price inflation is less than investment income I'm staying out. Be it 2,3,4 years I'm prepared to wait! ;)

I found this site after someone mentioned it on the This Is Money discussion boards. Since then I've become addicted. I feel like I've learned so much about the housing market and macroeconomics in general since coming here.

I myself have STR'd, sold in London and have now moved up to south Manchester, as a result I have a huge cash pile (>£100k) to invest. Most of it is in cash, haven't got the guts to be a day trader like DrBubb...

In my experience most people up here are still of the 'perpetual boom' mindset. Only the other day at a party I got the standard 'renting is dead money' mantra... all you can do is shrug your shoulders as these people will never understand... I'm hoping that once we get Y-o-Y negative in October/November then the crash will become a reality here too.

Dont forget your avatars (picutres by your nickname on here) :) Oh and Doc can you please stop changing yours, its getting me all confuddled.

At 12 pm today there were 264 users on all the boards.

I think this could be a record, because that 619 figure just seems plain wrong to me.

Anyway, more people everyday visiting here from a market that is sentiment driven.

Thats big news for bears.

I found this site after someone mentioned it on the This Is Money discussion boards. Since then I've become addicted. I feel like I've learned so much about the housing market and macroeconomics in general since coming here.

Same route that I took. I think the mention was something like "those nutters over at housepricecrash"!

Same route that I took. I think the mention was something like "those nutters over at housepricecrash"!

My route to the site was typing in "house price crash" in Google, back in June 2004, when I was trying to figure out whether to hold on to my flat after my job relocated to the US (I sold it of course).

There are a lot of nutters on here. However, I have learned a lot of interesting factual things like:

- how BTL is a house of cards riddled with corruption.

- how there is no shortage of housing supply in the UK

- how the "money illusion" works.

- how the different house price indices work.

- what the papers were saying through the last crash.

In addition I think it's fascinating to read anecdotes illustrating how theories about sentiment play out.

frugalista

My route came following a search on the internet to find the price of new build flats near Clapham South tube. Despite expecting to find them "on the pricey side" even I was somewhat taken aback by the price tag of £380k ... for a bloody 2 bedroom flat with a view of a tube station and a Tesco. :angry:

At this stage, in anger I googled "what f***ing lunatic would buy a house in this market!" .... and here I am, two months on... informed and happy. :)

Guest struthitsruth

I've been hanging around for a few weeks, and don't always sign in if on a fleeting visit. I found the site when I typed Newcastle+property into Google and noticed a housepricecrash thread from people living around there. I've been most interested, challenged, entertained since dropping in, and am especially impressed with the Vocation vid - well done to classixuk it's a real winner and sure to take the site to a wider audience.

I live and work in Dorset these days - house prices here haven't fallen in with the market trends. Jurassic coast, holiday letting, wealthy retirement, retreat from the city - demand has outstripped supply since whenever I can remember.

I have failed to predict the housing market in the past. In 1997 I could have and wish I had bought, but had no faith that prices could continue to rise the way they did. In 2001 I bought reluctantly, at a higher price, and only then because I was threatened with homelessness if I didn't make a move. With hindsight it's easy of course - I understand now that half the buyers and lenders were cheating with their fake income figures on self cert mortgages and all that nonsense. Trust me to play with a straight bat ! Now things are looking somewhat shaky I feel somewhat relieved that I kept to a sensible loan to value ratio, so that whichever way rates go I shan't be squeaking.

I would really like to see a correction in the market despite the fact that it would make a dent in my apparent "net worth" on paper, due to the house losing value. This is because I have two children in their mid twenties and I really wonder how they could even contemplate a mortgage even though banks are falling over themselves to tempt them. I desperately hope that although I got it wrong before, that this time it will be different and there will be a crash ;)

By the way I bought my first house for £5K - I mean five thousand pounds - in a grotty part of Bradford that with any luck will have been demolished. I bought next in Bristol for £30K, which at the time stretched me to the utmost limit, in 1985 - you know what happened next, I was lucky to sell in 1988 and clear £15K equity before the prices floored. This is why some of us is millionairez, and some of us can't even keep decent clothes to wear. . . . .

So if anything I ought to know the property market fairly well by now. The funny thing is I actually like the idea that it can behave unpredictably, for some it's the only hope.

That's all folks, thanks for listening !

:D

'struth

I myself have STR'd, sold in London and have now moved up to south Manchester, as a result I have a huge cash pile (>£100k) to invest. Most of it is in cash, haven't got the guts to be a day trader like DrBubb...

In my experience most people up here are still of the 'perpetual boom' mindset. Only the other day at a party I got the standard 'renting is dead money' mantra... all you can do is shrug your shoulders as these people will never understand... I'm hoping that once we get Y-o-Y negative in October/November then the crash will become a reality here too.

I hope you and other visitors have learnt NOT to trust ANYTHING you now read in the Newspapers/Websites/TV News/Documentaries until you can back it up with other 'evidence'!

This country and all our Press is now totally run by the Masonic Clans and is headed for a big downfall

Noticed all these flashing Blue and Red backgrounds on EVERY TV Program - they are using it to BRAINWASH YOU - BEWARE.

Search the web and see how easy it is for them to program you without you realising it.

DO NOT watch Big Brother or other mega popular progs. They are downloading coded, high pitched signals at you (sounds like the old modem noise)

The way they do it is flash (ultra fast - so you can't see it in real time) hidden words and images at you - you dont see them normally in real time but your eyes and brain pick up these words and images and process them. These messages are then lying dormant until activated by a word or words that they say or flash on the TV screen.

Remember "Lucky" the dog on the Insurance ad.

Then "Think 'Lucky' " on the national lottery ad

- that's a little taster of "keywords" which they are trying out to see what response there is.

BE VERY AWARE of watching TV now!

Hi - I joined only recently after tapping 'HPC' into google.I'm waiting to see what the market does, too. I feel bitter with regard to the prices being charged now and refuse to jump on the 'you MUST buy!' bandwagon.To be honest though, actual buying seems to be dying down amongst FTB's I know.Although there's still a desperation amongst people not yet on the ladder, many have no choice one way or the other any more due to the ludicrous prices.

I live in rural Wales, where some of the most ridicuous jumps in the country have happened (although I know there are many contenders too numerous to mention!)I can't believe what the prices have reached in areas that are essentially economically deprived.There are no jobs paying decent wages in many of these areas.In cities such as Cardiff, I think prices are now reaching a 'ceiling', as people cannot/will not pay much more.Terraces that were going for 45/50 grand in 1997 are now going for 135 grand + The overspill from the city has hiked prices in the south wales valleys, where terraces could be snapped up for under 30 grand in 1997, and are now getting more than 3 times that.People have continued to pay these prices, which beggars belief.I sold my house last year and it doubled in value.I'm waiting it out now, and there's now way I'm getting back in in the near future, whatever happens.Why should I (or any of us?!!) subscribe to this p**s poor notion of 'wealth' when we have to take on frightening levels of debt just to say we own our own homes?It's not big and it's not clever.

I hope you and other visitors have learnt NOT to trust ANYTHING you now read in the Newspapers/Websites/TV News/Documentaries until you can back it up with other 'evidence'!

This country and all our Press is now totally run by the Masonic Clans and is headed for a big downfall

Noticed all these flashing Blue and Red backgrounds on EVERY TV Program - they are using it to BRAINWASH YOU - BEWARE.

Search the web and see how easy it is for them to program you without you realising it.

DO NOT watch Big Brother or other mega popular progs. They are downloading coded, high pitched signals at you (sounds like the old modem noise)

The way they do it is flash (ultra fast - so you can't see it in real time) hidden words and images at you - you dont see them normally in real time but your eyes and brain pick up these words and images and process them. These messages are then lying dormant until activated by a word or words that they say or flash on the TV screen.

Remember "Lucky" the dog on the Insurance ad.

Then "Think 'Lucky' " on the national lottery ad

- that's a little taster of "keywords" which they are trying out to see what response there is.

BE VERY AWARE of watching TV now!

Like I said, there are a lot of nutters on here. :P

Haven't had a TV for about 3 or 4 years now.

Not quite sure if it is really that full of subliminal brain disembowelling.

More like just loads of extremely dull mindless pap.

Same effect, perhaps?

frugalista

Are you sure about that? Subliminal advertising is illegal and also against broadcasting industry codes of practice.

Like I said, there are a lot of nutters on here.  :P

Haven't had a TV for about 3 or 4 years now.

Not quite sure if it is really that full of subliminal brain disembowelling.

More like just loads of extremely dull mindless pap.

Same effect, perhaps?

frugalista

:D I love being called a nut - it is a term of pride. :D

Without a NUT you could not hold a structure together!

Nuts are acorns - the basis of giant trees!

You get the picture - "don't mess with Nobbies nuts"!

Are you sure about that?  Subliminal advertising is illegal and also against broadcasting industry codes of practice.

What code of practice??

That went out the window before David Icke was "set up" and ruined for life when he let on/outed what was going on behind the scenes of TV Broadcasting!!

He tried warning us but was mis-quoted/edited in programs he attended to look like a loony.

They were showing off the power they already had to censor TV.

All so called Stars and Newscasters - just "Toe the Line" and rake in the "hush money"

Now some of you who read this HPC have realised just how 'manufactured' and 'Censored' our TV/Press/Radio (mis)information is!!!

The same type of thing is going on in the USA @ this very moment according to peeps I have chatted to! :ph34r:

Hi Guests and newcomers,

Let us know what is going on in your area.

Where are you from?  What is happening to property there?

Do your neighbors still believe the dream of perpetual boom?

Hi, I have been lurking for a few weeks. I want to buy a place for the first time but can't afford anything decent.

My parents, relatives etc. all really pity me renting and keep trying to give me advice about how to get on the property ladder before its too late.

I was so relieved to find this site as it has given me hope that I will be able to buy one day.

I am currently renting in East London where property is still selling and prices are still going up.

The price of flats in my road has gone up £20,000 in the last six months and everyone round here is convinced that whatever happens to proerty in the rest of the UK East London prices will keep rising because of the Olympics.

I think that's crazy - wait seven years for a three week event.

I for one do not believe that the Olympics will solve all East London's problems.

Anyway I love this site, even the crazy people.