House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
madenph

Best And Worst Places To Live In The Uk

Looks like this should be good...

DOCUMENTARY:  Best and Worst Places to Live in The UK

Channel: Channel 4 104

Date: Tuesday 9th August 2005

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (starting in 2 days)

Duration: 1 hour.

Phil and Kirstie's definitive guide on where to live and buy in today's fickle property market. Top property hunters Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer have travelled the length and breadth of the country to find the most and least desirable places to live in the UK. Basing their research on five key categories, from crime to education and lifestyle to environment, Kirstie and Phil act as guides as they disclose the ten best and worst places to live in the UK. Kirstie says "We're not giving any clues, but expect a race to the finish and let's just say we'll not be winning any brownie points from John Prescott." Phil has no comment to make; since making the programme he has left the country and changed his name. Five categories, 20 places. Just where are the ten best and worst places to live in the UK?

(Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=23664

Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

I've just read the write up of this in the Radio Times, with quotes from Phil & Kirsty discussing how to find a property hotspot. Kirsty came up with the best one about builders skips. She says:-

Watch out for builders skips. If you see three or four skips in one road then you know something's happening in that street.

So there you have it. Buy a house in a street with lots of skips in it. :unsure:

Jeez who is going to watch that, Don`t these guys realise it conflicts with the mighty Evertons first foray into the Champions League?  ;)

'nuther blue nose?

So Hull is the worst dump in the UK to live, followed by Luton and Stoke. Doesn't take a C4 show to point that out

Looks like Krusty has done extensive research by buying the Crap Towns Books or visiting www.craptowns.com (currently offline)

How bloomin scientific

From this bbc article it looks likes they are a year+ behind as usual re: luton & hull http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3692154.stm

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

This series should be interesting to watch. Kirsty & Phil are apparently visiting poor towns; including towns in the North East like 'Easington' which is poor because the last colliery closed in 1993. Perhaps they are going to sell this as an 'up and coming area'. Sad thing is people will probably believe them.

Unbelievable !

Those 2 will do anything to stay on the telly ! They obviously realise that they

cannot keep on making shows where they talk the market up (LOCATION X 3 ) as they know they will have to admit that prices are falling and they won't want to do that ! So they come up with this drivel instead !

One good thing - should make them very unpopular witht the general public !

No-one wants to hear they live in a rubbish dump (I am choosing my words carefully after Webmaster banned us from swearing !)

How nice.

Mr smarmy and Miss Piggy taking the wee wee out of people who are less fortunate than themselves. People who live in areas were kids are junkies, cars are stolen and torched and gangs rule the estates really need these couple of Herberts televising it in the name of making personal wealth. Usual cr@p broadcast on C4.

How nice. 

Mr smarmy and Miss Piggy taking the wee wee out of people who are less fortunate than themselves.  People who live in areas were kids are junkies, cars are stolen and torched and gangs rule the estates really need these couple of Herberts televising it in the name of making personal wealth.  Usual cr@p broadcast on C4.

wonder if they will be staying overnite in any of these areas or talking to any residents in their whistle stop tour? :ph34r:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...ticle304653.ece

It is a league table that could see property prices spiral or fall, and will no doubt cause many proud locals to fill with joy or outrage.
Among those given the thumbs up are Ashford, in Kent, the Yorkshire city of Harrogate and Stratford-upon-Avon. Viewers who may not like the show include those who live in Hackney, in east London, Nottingham and Salford.

ahh what a relief for everyone in cardiff

kirsty the clown and sidehow phil just told us that a 175k terraced house would be worth another 100k in 5 years there.

well done to everyone in that street

OKO

OK

CANNOT WATCH ANYMORE

every single time kirsty opens her mouthg she says prices are set to rock it

grab now

these prices wont last

every time i aint kidding

no more kirsty for me, she can stick her cheap grab now 1/4 million semis up her fat ****

What a crock of shite! I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. I've no sympathy for the sheeple who make decisions on where to buy based on this claptrap. So much for stagnation, just as Kirsty and Phil say, even the worst dump in the country will be worth 50% in 5 years time, just you wait and see!!!

ahh what a relief for everyone in cardiff

kirsty the clown and sidehow phil  just told us that a 175k terraced house would be worth another 100k in 5 years there.

well done to everyone in that street

seems to be the message - doen't matter if u live in the best or worst, prices are shooting up

hahahahahaha

king muppets

Guest Riser

They have gone mad everywhere will either rocket or go up 40% in the next 5 years doesn't matter if they are in the top ten or the bottom ten, so whats the point just buy anywhere and you have it made, yerrr right :lol:

Just heard 80% rises by 2010 it just gets better :lol::lol:

Edited by Riser

CANNOT WATCH ANYMORE

every single time kirsty opens her mouthg she says prices are set to rock it

They just predicted that prices in Blaneau Gwent would rise by 80% in the next five years.

My blood is boiling right now.

Aah, now I understand it...

Good areas are going to rise in price because they're good.

Bad areas are going to rise in price because they're bad but if enough fools invest then they might become good.

Guest Riser

Just mentioned beefing up your property plan by investing in Hackney where prices are expected to rise 60% due to the olympics, shes becoming a parady of her self. They are on a crusade to turn the property market around, I just hope they hold lots of Buy to Let flats

Edited by Riser