HOLA441
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I remember when Bosch opened that factory and it was hailed the saviour of the Welsh economy.

This is a major shock for South Wales as, frankly, there are few private sector businesses in Wales that require the skill-set and who pay the decent salaries. I doubt many of these workers will be able to find work elsewhere in Wales.

I cannot emphasise enough what a blow this will be to the South Wales economy and it is bound to have a big affect on house prices across South Wales - I know of people who work in Bosch from Swansea to Newport and all places inbetween.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The real fan-hitting shit has only begun. No one gives a toss about Wales, Scotland, the North or Southwest.... get the picture. Frankly you are all fucked. This deal was done long ago. Wake up and smell the carnage you fucking halfwits before you are smashed forever. Excuse the strong language but the sight of grown ups with the abilities and wills of sickly pukey babies is disgusting. Burn down a building for fucks sake! It is easy and cheap. Difficult to get caught. If the Irish in 1921 could beat the worlds most powerful empire out, or the Vietnamese the yanks, then surely to fuck 50 million pissed off Brits can bring about change. Maybe that's the difference though. Perhaps the Brits are only good for taking it up the hole.

HOLA448

The real fan-hitting shit has only begun. No one gives a toss about Wales, Scotland, the North or Southwest.... get the picture. Frankly you are all fucked. This deal was done long ago. Wake up and smell the carnage you fucking halfwits before you are smashed forever. Excuse the strong language but the sight of grown ups with the abilities and wills of sickly pukey babies is disgusting. Burn down a building for fucks sake! It is easy and cheap. Difficult to get caught. If the Irish in 1921 could beat the worlds most powerful empire out, or the Vietnamese the yanks, then surely to fuck 50 million pissed off Brits can bring about change. Maybe that's the difference though. Perhaps the Brits are only good for taking it up the hole.

+1

Great post!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

i remember reading an article about 2-3 years back saying they were thinking of expanding the factory

that was for gas water heaters , not sure if it's the same factory?

The gas boiler plant is in Worcester (formerly Worcester Heat systems). Is is a very successful world class operation, so is safe and looking to expand production and R&D .. and expected to do very well from the boiler scrappage scheme.

HOLA4412

You want riots? Just wait until their property values fall by 30%.

HOLA4413

You want riots? Just wait until their property values fall by 30%.

Not sure what riots will achieve? Chaos followed by carnage just adds to the problems.

This whole mess will be down to a handful of crooked men hiding like cowards in the shadows. Riots will only provide them with entertainment.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I remember when Bosch opened that factory and it was hailed the saviour of the Welsh economy.

This is a major shock for South Wales as, frankly, there are few private sector businesses in Wales that require the skill-set and who pay the decent salaries. I doubt many of these workers will be able to find work elsewhere in Wales.

I cannot emphasise enough what a blow this will be to the South Wales economy and it is bound to have a big affect on house prices across South Wales - I know of people who work in Bosch from Swansea to Newport and all places inbetween.

Yes, very sad. When companies are this big they are the heart of their local community. Everybody knows somebody who works for the company or job depends upon it (the aforementioned taxi drivers, caterers, cleaners, subbies etc.).

Still, what usually happens now is the local council grants planning permission for a new supermarket. It is announced that 100 jobs wil be created, neglecting that as a rule of thumb one supermarket job created means four are lost in high street / corners shop retailers.

HOLA4416

Not sure what riots will achieve? Chaos followed by carnage just adds to the problems.

This whole mess will be down to a handful of crooked men hiding like cowards in the shadows. Riots will only provide them with entertainment.

Riots in the posh suburbs please not in our own. If we destroy our own homes values will plummet please use some common sense when rioting.

As for the jobs news I'd begun wondering if the jobless recovery was over, it appears not.

HOLA4417
All current production at the Cardiff plant will be transferred to Hungary.

What's stopping all the Welsh men & women that used to work at Bosch moving to Hungary in the same way we had mass economic immigration in the noughties from Eastern European countries? dry.gif

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If I worked there, I think it would be time to find alternatortive employment elsewhere.

Unfortunately Bosch were the engine of the local economy, the brakes have been applied and the wheels have fallen off. They'll have to crank up their efforts to the point of exhaustion to get another job locally. It has really put a damper on the New Year for them, no spring in their step now. Bit of a shock really.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Everyday a leader is born, eh William Wallace :)

HOLA4425