House Price Crash Forum

Just Like 89

HOLA441

a mad manic surge caused by trying to make the MIRAS deadline, then nothing...

not sure that there was some clear single reason why it happened this time, but after that insane rush last summer, ever since buyers have just disappeared into thin air... EA offices filled with tumbleweed... now the market cranks inexorably, slowly, painfully down...

post-coital post-gold rush tristresse

HOLA442
Guest rigsby II
a mad manic surge caused by trying to make the MIRAS deadline, then nothing...

not sure that there was some clear single reason why it happened this time, but after that insane rush last summer, ever since buyers have just disappeared into thin air... EA offices filled with tumbleweed... now the market cranks inexorably, slowly, painfully down...

post-coital post-gold rush tristresse

I must admit, the sound of the phone not ringing for people wanting to view our house is deafening...

Everyone's on holiday though <_<

That's what the EA said...

:)

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest rigsby II
I'll bet it's a lovely house and I love to live there. And I'll also wager I couldn't afford to!

I'll bet it's a lovely house - its not

I love to live there - you wouldn't its Barnsley

And I'll also wager I couldn't afford to! - you could probably buy it on a VISA card (<100K)

HOLA445
I'll bet it's a lovely house - its not

I love to live there - you wouldn't its Barnsley

And I'll also wager I couldn't afford to! - you could probably buy it on a VISA card (<100K)

my folks live in a moderately pleasant hamlet in S Yorks. Two doors down has just gone on for £415k... 4bed 70s detached... no house in the whole place (and there are many that are much nicer) has sold for more than £350k. You can bet that they don't read this site.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest rigsby II
There are some nice parts of Barnsley, but would you pay £394,950 to live in Hoyland?

I'd rather have my left nacker smashed between two house bricks...

HOLA449
HOLA4410

this one will make the 89 one look like a tea party. Those articles re-confirm that the boom wasn't strong enough to thoroughly percolate right through the regions all the way to Lerwick, Stornoway, Derry, Pembroke, Penzance and Holyhead.

This boom was strong enough to reach the outer limits. So the bust will have an equally widespread impact

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413