House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

C4 Website - Censorship Watch

Following the banning of iamconfusedagain from the C4 site, I have been monitoring activities on that site. They have subsequently censored two further links to the firsttimebuyerguide. Today I observed the censorship of a post about the layoff of postal workers.

What is C4s official relationship with the internet site?

Could this evidence of overt minipulation by a respected media company?

I think there could be an interesting story in here for a good journalist.

I am now watching the C4 website like a hawk!

Do you mean the first time buyer help site run by Warwickshire Lad?

Yep it was that link. The funny thing ws that I dd not say there was a crash coming. I just said that in the short term the person who was thinking of buying might as well wait as prices were not going up in most areas. I was really reserved. I just put that link as one possibility that should be considered.

It was a response to someone asking if waiting for a while before buying was a good idea.

Unless you were actually harassing someone or being abusive then I cannot see why they should be allowed to ban you. After all everyone is entitled to their opinions whether you tow the line or not.

I've had a quick look at that site & I think whatever the tone you add to a post on SP or C4 with that link, it'll be removed.

The site is too extreme & biased to be taken seriously. Sorry WL, just saying it as I see it.

Even if you do think it is extreme, it offers a view which a ftb should have access to. A halifax report can be pretty one sided too and that would not be removed. whether you think it should be taken seriously is not the issue. It is not rude or offensive.

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but I like the fact you are here (most of the time) and it would be silly to delete your views which I might consider too silly to be taken seriously.

On the C4 forum the response to whether you should buy now is usually....."Well if it is painted a nice colour with pretty wallpaper then go for it..sending lots of good vibes"

makes me want to puke :wacko:

The site is too extreme & biased to be taken seriously. Sorry WL, just saying it as I see it.

My site presents an alternative view about the housing market, just as this site does. It's called free expression and democracy.

I have had many emails from people agreeing with the content of the site, and hardly any disagreeing at all.

Let me just say that I am very open to challenges to the accuracy and validity of anything that I've written anywhere on the website.

If I am to be proved wrong on anything factual, then I'm more than happy to put my hands up and stand corrected.

In the articles I've written on the site, I've gone to great lengths to link to as many external articles on the Internet as possible, to back up what I've written. This I see as important to have some credibility.

Yes, I'm sure you will have detected anger and frustration in the tone of the material - well that that anger and frustration from FTBs is totally real, make no mistake.

Yes, I'm sure you will have detected anger and frustration in the tone of the material - well that that anger and frustration from FTBs is totally real, make no mistake.

I'm afraid that's it, you give away your position on things in what you've chosen to say and link to.

Are you qualified to give advice? Can someone sue you for taking your advice?

I haven't read enough of the site to judge whether it is offering advice, but be careful how you judge the VI's, at least they're professionals and can be traced & dealt with by the courts if necessary.

Are you qualified to give advice? Can someone sue you for taking your advice?

Like all sites that discuss things financial, I have disclaimer on the site which says that you should not take anything on the site as professional financial advice.

That is fairly standard and also applies to sites such as Motley Fool etc.

I believe I am pretty open about the fact that I am an FTB, and my interest in what happens next to the housing market is crashingly obvious.

But the site is not there just because that's the outcome I want - it's there because that's the outcome I believe there is some very good bearish evidence to suggest will happen.

I don't just say "I want a house price crash" and stamp my feet on the ground - I have actually made an effort to keep up to date all the latest graphs and statistics from the Bank of England etc. I rewrote many of my articles recently and made a real effort with them.

No doubt as time goes on the articles may change to reflect events happening in the housing market.

My site is no different from a Blog or any other website that expresses a view and a opinion about something. Of course you don't have to agree with that view and I wouldn't expect you to. So fair enough.

But you'll have spent enough time on HPC to know that the overwhelming majority of people on this site would agree with me and not with you.

Like all sites that discuss things financial, I have disclaimer on the site which says that you should not take anything on the site as professional financial advice. 

That is fairly standard and also applies to sites such as Motley Fool etc.

I believe I am pretty open about the fact that I am an FTB, and my interest in what happens next to the housing market is crashingly obvious.

But the site is not there just because that's the outcome I want - it's there because that's the outcome I believe there is some very good bearish evidence to suggest will happen.

I don't just say "I want a house price crash" and stamp my feet on the ground - I have actually made an effort to keep up to date all the latest graphs and statistics from the Bank of England etc.  I rewrote many of my articles recently and made a real effort with them.

No doubt as time goes on the articles may change to reflect events happening in the housing market.

My site is no different from a Blog or any other website that expresses a view and a opinion about something.  Of course you don't have to agree with that view and I wouldn't expect you to.  So fair enough.

But you'll have spent enough time on HPC to know that the overwhelming majority of people on this site would agree with me and not with you.

Maybe you should go against the grain of the VI's & post your disclaimer right up front in normal text. Otherwise your site just looks like another Vi site.

Click here to see a balanced site that battles against the VI's

If you want to contact a freelance journalist you need to go to the following website:

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/who/whoindex.shtml

I agree that there is a story to be told and exposed in the newspapers about the way the Homes Forum on the C4 website is run. It is a disgrace.

Following the banning of iamconfusedagain from the C4 site, I have been monitoring activities on that site. They have subsequently censored two further links to the firsttimebuyerguide. Today I observed the censorship of a post about the layoff of postal workers.

What is C4s official relationship with the internet site?

Could this evidence of overt minipulation by a respected media company?

I think there could be an interesting story in here for a good journalist. 

I am now watching the C4 website like a hawk!

Much as I think Ollie is an idiot, he is a harmless one. The SP site has a very low hit rate and (as far as I am aware) it is not affiliated to any large organisation. From what I can see, the only person who really suffers from the censorship is Ollie.

The C4 site is a more serious matter. It is clear that iamconfusedagain conducted himself in a reasonable, legal and decent manner. His mistake was to have different views to the moderator. I have personnaly observed manipulation of the site by the moderator. Should a large media company like channel 4 use it's name and website in this manner. I think not and I am grateful to Alfie Moon for the link.

Warwickshire lad - what is your website called?

Guest Riser
The C4 site is a more serious matter. It is clear that iamconfusedagain conducted himself in a reasonable, legal and decent manner. His mistake was to have different views to the moderator. I have personnaly observed manipulation of the site by the moderator. Should a large media company like channel 4 use it's name and website in this manner. I think not and I am grateful to Alfie Moon for the link.

I don't see anything serious about the C4 thread, all they want is fluffy discussions by fluffy people in a nice fluffy world. My C4 account was suspended without good cause and even other posters commented on the level of moderation at the time.

If people want to find out about the issues behind the HPC the information is available here on this site all they have to do is a Google search, if they would rather stay in denial then good luck to them, I for one could not be bothered to re register on the C4 forum under a different name. C4 have the most blatant VI moderation I have seen on any site, I emailed my views on the forum to several people within C4 but received no reply so I guess they are all happy with the situation.

On my first foray into the forum tried posting the video link myself, but got the same moderator approval reply. Will probably be banned now myself - not to worry!

I was kicked off a while back, haven't been bothered to go back since - my mistake was mentioning certain websites, I didn't link to the acutal site either.

Total hipocrites the censors over there, have seen numerous posts linking to other websites.

They're a bunch of losers anyway.