House Price Crash Forum

30,000 Jobs To Go

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I would never applaud this kind of decision but then again, the PO is one of the remaining dinosaurs left from a former ans passed age. The nature of the industry has been absolutely whacked by e-mail (a real new paradigm) and it could actually be a good thing for the economy to have a more stramlined professionally run postal service. Not sure if cutting jobs is what this will mean, but something like this was inevitable sooner or later.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

there isnt much left ?

no british rail. no post. no manufacturing. no council housing. not much health or pension.

bet your all really glad you voted for thatcher back then. everybody thought it was great as they cost cut and destroyed everything that didnt produce a profit.

its time to reap whats been sown.

HOLA447
But any news of job losses might influence confidence about employment generally? :P

I cant hear you my fingers are in my ears lalalalalala

Our local Staples has closed down as well.

I wanted to buy an external 80Gig HD for £49 reduced from £100 but could not :(

Edited by trev

HOLA448
bet your all really glad you voted for thatcher back then.

typical labour sh*te - blair's been in for over 8 years now - stop blaming his mis-management of the economy on someone who hasn't been in power for nearly 15 years - alternatively, why not go back to the winters of discontent under labour in the 70s

HOLA449
A bull might say

This wont affect house prices at all - posties cant and will not be able to afford a house as a FTB anyway.

This news is irrelevant

Job opportunities at the Post Office can act like a safety net for people made redundant from other jobs. Instead of having their flat/house repossessed after their redundancy they can get a stop-gap job with a labour intensive organisation like the Royal Mail. The Mayor of our council is a postie: he worked in the printing industry before redundancy forced him to look for another job.

Edited by Padiham

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413