House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving For a Space Ship

419 Scammers Target Online Romance Chat Rooms

Reminds me of a terrible story in USA where a woman spent about 15 grand in text messages through a dating agency who paraded themselves as fixing people together with potential suitors, only to find out the text messages were from the staff (female) who knew how to push the buttons of a lonely heart. How gullible can people be? I believe each message was $1.50.

Reminds me of a terrible story in USA where a woman spent about 15 grand in text messages through a dating agency who paraded themselves as fixing people together with potential suitors, only to find out the text messages were from the staff (female) who knew how to push the buttons of a lonely heart. How gullible can people be? I believe each message was $1.50.

I think its easy to over estimate some peoples intelligence and also the desperation of the lonely to fall for such evil scams.

I had a look at the yahoo group, (no swearing filter on there!) & the existence of the group seems to have wound some of the scammers up, who are getting abusive, which is a good sign.

Love your Avatar by the way :)

I think its easy to over estimate some peoples intelligence and also the desperation of the lonely to fall for such evil scams.

I had a look at the yahoo group, (no swearing filter on there!) & the existence of the group seems to have wound some of the scammers up, who are getting abusive, which is a good sign.

Love your Avatar by the way  :)

Thanks! Its not my handiwork but it does represent my working day from 9 through to five and then I go home and the same thing happens the next day.

Take a look at 419eater.com

You can amuse yourself for a while with the gallery of scammers and the things they will do. This only lasts up to a point, then you realise just how many of these guys/gals there are out and the amount of success they have had!

Frightening!

NDL

If you want to get the lowdown on scams and cons visit www.scambusters.org They have news on loads of ways the con artists are using to take your hardearned cash