House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Breaking News Robbin Cook Seriously Ill

Guest muttley
Perhaps its the fact he lacks a spine.

Actually that's very unfair,seeing as he resigned over the Governments position on Iraq.

A politician prepared to sacrifice his career for his principles is a rare thing these days.

Guest uberstuka
Perhaps its the fact he lacks a spine.

This is probably THE most ignorant statement I've read on the HPCF.

Lacks a spine?

So turning said back on his political career - due to heart-felt moral principles and deep conviction - while all around him ditched theirs and clung on to Der Furher Blair's war plans for grim death, is an act of cowardice?

You lack a brain, more like.

This is probably THE most ignorant statement I've read on the HPCF.

Lacks a spine?

So turning said back on his political career - due to heart-felt moral principles and deep conviction -  while all around him ditched theirs and clung on to Der Furher Blair's war plans for grim death, is an act of cowardice?

You lack a brain, more like.

I agree, he was THE ONLY politician that stuck to his principles during the invasion of Iraq. Whether you agree with his stance or not there are very few like him amongt out 'elected' representatives.

He was 59, thats all. According to the BBC website he had 40 mins of resus on the way to hospital. I think only 5% of people are ever successfully resusitated.

As for mo molem, no news.

Robin Cook deserves a good tribute. The fact that he stood up for what he believed in shows that he had real integrity. I think that's something that he will always be remembered for. He would also have made a good Prime Minister IMHO.

Cook and Mowlem. Two senior Labour dissenters against the Iraq war with plenty of dirt to dish if they chose to do so. One struck dead at the age of 59. The other lying seriously ill in a hospital bed.

Just an unfortunate coincidence I'm sure.

RIP Robin Cook.

Cook and Mowlem. Two senior Labour dissenters against the Iraq war with plenty of dirt to dish if they chose to do so. One struck dead at the age of 59. The other lying seriously ill in a hospital bed.

RIP Robin Cook.

PMSL OH wondered how long it would be. BTW wheres Clare Short?

Cook was and will in my mind be symbolic of what the Labour Party of old strived for. Tolerance, Justice for all, and honesty.

Irrespective of ones political views it is without doubt that Robin Cook remains one of the single most people in the Labour Movement over the past years who earnt the respect of his fellow man, a man who spoke his mind and was never thwarted by high office or carreer aspirations.

He joined to serve the people a rare trait in a polititian, and those people he represented are gratefull for his service.

He is a great loss the to Nation as the cannon is becoming further loaded, without the likes of Robin to reign in the hawks the world has just become even unsafer than it was yesterday.

I think he was a great bloke that stood up for what he believed in.

His resignation over the Iraq war will be all over the news once more proving he was right and TB got it all wrong and is still trying to justify war even though no WMDs were found!

What is it with men in important jobs though..... why can't they keep away from sex scandals with younger women? :blink:

What is it with men in important jobs though..... why can't they keep  away from sex scandals with younger women?  :blink:

Why can't young women keep away from sex scandals with older politicians? :blink:

Edited by Starcrossed

Guest The dude
Cook was and will in my mind be symbolic of what the Labour Party of old strived for. Tolerance, Justice for all, and honesty.

Irrespective of ones political views it is without doubt that Robin Cook remains one of the single most people in the Labour Movement over the past years who earnt the respect of his fellow man, a man who spoke his mind and was never thwarted by high office or carreer aspirations.

He joined to serve the people a rare trait in a polititian, and those people he represented are gratefull for his service.

He is a great loss the to Nation as the cannon is becoming further loaded, without the likes of Robin to reign in the hawks the world has just become even unsafer than it was yesterday.

LJ, completely agree with you....Robin Cook was someone who I never tired of hearing on the radio or watching on TV. A man of integrity. Webmaster thinks he could have been a great Prime Minister - I can see his point - but I feel Robin Cooke had TOO much integrity to be PM. His resignation speech in the House of Commons was surely one of the most momentous political speeches. I was shocked to hear of his death..

I think I am turning into a conspiracy theorist. Is this what HPC does to people? Or maybe it was the death of David Kelly that freaked me out.

My first thought when I heard that Robin had died was 'I wonder if they'll get George Galloway next'.

I'm not a fan of the current labour government. However he was indeed one of the few modern politicians of any party who actually stood up for what he believed in.

As for the comment on no spine - I cannot disagree more strongly. He was one of the few who actually DID have a spine.

It is a great pity :(

RIP Robin Cook.

Nice conspiracy theory but they would have been bumped off a long time ago if certain dark forces in this country considered them to be a possible "Embarrassment".

I didn't care much for his politics, but I do believe he was a man of principal.

Now will the VI's be claiming his death will have the same affect on the housing market as the popes death ?