House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FTBagain

Us Ir To Rise Through The End Of Year

DrBubb posted this on his "Oil could easily go up ... 5 to 10 times" thread

This is the opening line on today's broadcast:

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2005-0806-1.asx

If you listen for 3 or 4 minutes they do a review of the US markets. It seems the US markets are factoring in more IR rises from the Fed. "Through the end of the year...". They even mention the US housing bubble!

If the US IR's keep rising through the end of the year, they will rise another 1.25%. That will take them above our rates. Now that will be a shock!!

I think in 6 months time the BOE decision to drop rates will be seen as being very silly indeed. I can only think they did it to have a psychological effect, given all the VI pressure. Think of the reaction when rates start to go up again either later this year or early next, especially as some seem to think that we are now in a cycle of reducing rates. Perhaps it's a unicycle?

i am alone with bootle on this one in that i think rates will be cut further - probably below 4%. not that it will re-start the housing market mind you.