House Price Crash Forum
mikthe20

"my Millions Are As Safe As Houses"

melb1_1_.jpgHilarious article in today's Guardian money section - can't see it online.

"My Millions are as safe as Houses"

Interview with Melanie Brown (Mel B of the Spice Girls). Long interview but best bit is the final paragraph:

"Her attitude to invesment is equally on her terms - she can't understand stocks and shares so she won't entertain any adviser recommending them. Instead she invests in property- and, having sold her 17th-century manor in Buckinhamshire for £2.5m arlier this year, she is ready to buy some more.

"I know about investment", she says. "It's really obvious - you buy, poperty, let it sit for a couple of years and then sell it and reinvest."

I almost fell off the toilet seat reading that. Fools and their money....

It's a shame really - work your guts out to make a lot of money but then don't have the sense to use it properly.

Edit: To add picture of the delectable Mel B

post-1029-1123322968_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikthe20

Hilarious article in today's Guardian money section - can't see it online.

"My Millions are as safe as Houses"

Interview with Melanie Brown (Mel B of the Spice Girls). Long interview but best bit is the final paragraph:

"Her attitude to invesment is equally on her terms - she can't understand stocks and shares so she won't entertain any adviser recommending them. Instead she invests in property- and, having sold her 17th-century manor in Buckinhamshire for £2.5m arlier this year, she is ready to buy some more.

"I know about investment", she says. "It's really obvious - you buy, poperty, let it sit for a couple of years and then sell it and reinvest."

I almost fell off the toilet seat reading that. Fools and their money....

It's a shame really - work your guts out to make a lot of money but then don't have the sense to use it properly.

I think the intention of the Guardian with this interview is to highlight naivity of todays property investor and so how the market is proped up by stupid money followed by even more stupid money, I tell you what I want what I really want, I really wanna wanna etc etc...

I think the intention of the Guardian with this interview is to highlight naivity of todays property investor and so how the market is proped up by stupid money followed by even more stupid money, I tell you what I want what I really want, I really wanna wanna etc etc...

I would love you to be right, but IMO, the liberal press such as the Guardian, BBC and Independent have been ramping property more than people like the Telegraph if you ask me (and I usually read the former two papers but am now spreading my reading).