House Price Crash Forum

Please Refrain From Swearing

HOLA441

As this website is becoming better known and is being linked to increasingly by other websites and press articles, it is becoming important that we raise the tone of the place by refraining from using language that could offend people of a sensitive nature.

Please refrain from using swear words in your posts. The moderators have been asked to take a zero tolerance approach to this rule which in extreme cases could result in members being banned, which is not what we want to see.

HOLA442
Guest growl
As this website is becoming better known and is being linked to increasingly by other websites and press articles, it is becoming important that we raise the tone of the place by refraining from using language that could offend people of a sensitive nature.

Please refrain from using swear words in your posts.  The moderators have been asked to take a zero tolerance approach to this rule which in extreme cases could result in members being banned, which is not what we want to see.

Is that why(out of curiosity) the thread about the guy losing his girlfreind due to him ranting on about HPC and coming here, has disapeared. I know someone posted an excerpt from a 'Bill Hicks' comedy on that thread, and he does swear alot.

Shame I tried to post to that thread a couple of times to give the guy who lost his girlfreind advice(date the clever engineers!).

If not, fair enough. But most of us cover our sw****words. I hope HPC is not going to become politically correct, or too strict that we can't have any fun. You'll probably find that people like me joined not just for the debate on HPC and finances but also for the humorous banter. :)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Is that why(out of curiosity) the thread about the guy losing his girlfreind due to him ranting on about HPC and coming here, has disapeared. I know someone posted an excerpt from a 'Bill Hicks' comedy on that thread, and he does swear alot.

Shame I tried to post to that thread a couple of times to give the guy who lost his girlfreind advice(date the clever engineers!).

That thread has been moved to the off-topic forum :)

HOLA447
HOLA448

Thanks webmaster... Actually I don't mind the language myself (I got ticked off for my language by a construction manager the other day! :o ), but there's plenty of people out there who do, and won't want to ready thru this site if it's full of four letter words.

I must admit I was a bit put off when I first started lurking and read some of the anti-immigrant views on here, but I realised I was learning a lot so I've stayed.

:)

HOLA449

front bottom

back bottom

toss pot

just testing :rolleyes:

Seriously I agree there should be no racism. People should be judged on an individual basis, not by their ethnic origins or the colour of their skin. And yes certain four letter words should not be posted as we are going mainstream web wise.

Edited by Catch22

HOLA4410
I must admit I was a bit put off when I first started lurking and read some of the anti-immigrant views on here, but I realised I was learning a lot so I've stayed.

Hi English Rose welcome aboard.

You are bound too get some dodgy views on a popular forum that is properly moderated. People will link race issues to housing prices. But it is best to have their (pathetic poorly backed up) views on display where they can be shown for what they are..stupid.

I personally think that real immigration issues are important and need to be debated (in the off topic forum) It is pretty easy to spot the muppets who think anyone who has dark skin should be kicked out of the country, they are in the minority most people are okay

Censorship is rarely the way forward.

HOLA4411

This will be a challenge and a half for me :lol:

I do believe that swear words have a place in the english languge colloquial expressions are great for emphasis, the versatility of the f-word should not be understated.

I will do my best.

I supposed you cant just tell the more sensitive reader to f-word off and wake up to the real world ?

j/k of course

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4412

Fair enough Webmaster. In hindsight, there were a lot of f's in the Bill Hicks quote I posted, so I have removed it and left the links, so sorry about that.

I hope the tolerance of the mods is quite high, as I feel swear words are sometimes important as a form of expression in such important subjects as discussed on here. Personal abusive swearing against other members should be controlled IMO.

Most members seem to use their extensive humour as a swearing replacement anyhow, but who is that trouble maker who keeps swearing saying jab**ni ?

Maybe a member called 'Monkey Whitehouse' could appear to sort them out :D

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Please refrain from using swear words in your posts.  The moderators have been asked to take a zero tolerance approach to this rule which in extreme cases could result in members being banned, which is not what we want to see.

I very rarely use swearwords in my posts, in fact I suspect I have not ever done so. However, I deeply love swearing, or the Anglo-Saxon vernacular as I prefer to call it. Proper swearing in English is a true art, and accomplished practitioners are few and far between these days. There is nothing more exhilarating than a juicy four-letter, one-syllable **** uttered with rhythm and a flourish to make a point. Remember, when you ban swearing, you are banning the language of Chaucer, the founder of English literature, a distiguished and yet by today's standards foul-mouthed man of letters who lived in less censorious days.

frugalista

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Seriously I agree there should be no racism. People should be judged on an individual basis, not by their ethnic origins or the colour of their skin. And yes certain four letter words should not be posted as we are going mainstream web wise.

Now that is a shame because if people had been open to debate it, and make a choice many years ago we maybe would not be finding ourselves in the position we are today.

You can never make laws to force people into acceptance, that can be seen across the Balkans, Africa, and many other parts of the world.

The acceptance has to come from the public and to date Britain has been one of the most tolerant and accepting countries in the world.

We have now moved in a direction that is too much and I am sure that over the next few years the heated debate will ensure that we get the right mix of the right people who have earned the privelege to join the ranks of the British Citizen.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Now that is a shame because if people had been open to debate it, and make a choice many years ago we maybe would not be finding ourselves in the position we are today.

I ain't talking about immigration, I'm talking about racism. The right of every individual whatever colour or creed to walk the streets un molested. I've seen people born here, going about their lawful business being racially abused by gangs of moranic white Anglo-Saxon Brits. And if I had not been with my wife and 5 year old grandson, and I where twenty years younger, I would have punched their lights out....scum

Anyone who can hate a person without knowing them, primarly because of their origins is in my book one sad, sick individual. Now if they had invaded my country at the behest of their leaders and set about killing innocent civillians that would be a different matter......oh hang on a minute thats exactly what we and the Yanks have done in Iraq.

Edited by Catch22

HOLA4419
These are fine.  Basically the f, w and c words and a few others!

does that mean the s word is ok? i like and use this a lot and notice it doesn't get starred out???

swearings funny though innit? (not as in ha ha) where people draw the line changes over time. people get de-sensitized. f word doesn't pack any punches anymore. c word (imo) is the only one left with any shock value. (or at least i still find people who look alarmed when i use it)

radio one now flowers its speak with the word ****. i would have got a slap off me dad for that as a kid.

EDIT: starred out here as well is see! (english version of the american ass)

Edited by dunroamin

HOLA4420

I agree that the tone should be raised. People would take the site more seriously then. Some posts on this forum have been abusive, personal, and offensive, and have made me think twice about coming back. Publishing such material could be seen to signify tolerance, and in the very least may leave people with the impression that this is a forum for cranks, crackpots, and lunatics!

HOLA4421
Thanks webmaster...  Actually I don't mind the language myself (I got ticked off for my language by a construction manager the other day!  :o ), but there's plenty of people out there who do, and won't want to ready thru this site if it's full of four letter words. 

That's funny, I was put off when I read some of the pro-immigrant views here. The fact we now have 2nd and 3rd generation sons of immigrants who have decided it is okay to blow their fellow countrymen up is a great advert for immigration. Wow how well integrated the suicide bombers are - NOT! Looks like old Enoch was right - maybe races, ultimately, don't mix. I am a mixture of a Jamaican father and an Irish mother but am unclear where I should be deported to.

Edited by Marina