House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fatboy

Why Is There So Much Anger Here ?

Why is this forum full of so much anger ???

Are you all people whose friends have been succesful with property, but you were too late ?? are you gutted you missed out or something .. ??

i see few posts from those who bought during the early to mid 90's as i did.

perhaps we know that even a 30% - 40% correction wont affect us so we dont spend all our time banging on about house prices.

it seems everybody here is one of those bores you meet at the pub who can talk for hours about house prices ... but oh .. didn't have the sense to purchase in 94 / 95.

I can understand seeing the stupidity of somebody who perhaps bought in say 2000, and claims they have 'made £75k' for example is laughable, when this is not real money, but i don't understand why this would provoke such anger as it seems to here.

please can somebody explain why all the anger if it is not for this reason?

drbubb unlike you im angry because i earn more than most of the people in my town, work harder than them, save more than them

but there the ones driving the cool cars and talking in 100k's like there chicken feed.

yeah im angry

life aint fair sure but if someone works ahrd and dont waste his money then surely he deserves better than the others.

im the new under-class

drbubb unlike you im angry because i earn more than most of the people in my town, work harder than them, save more than them

but there the ones driving the cool cars and talking in 100k's like there chicken feed.

yeah im angry

life aint fair sure but if someone works ahrd and dont waste his money then surely he deserves better than the others.

im the new under-class

Why don't you use capital letters to start your sentences?

Why do you use an apostrophe in '100k's' - where it is not needed but don't use one in 'im' where it is? (Should be 'I'm' of course).

Just curious - the sort of text you have written is the beginning of the end of our having a language we all understand. If this goes on in 10 years time no-one will have a clue what other people are trying to say.

Please do not be angry.

I am angry because my children are not going to be able to afford properties - to settle down when they are ready - to have families - to make me a Grandad - and all that other pathetic stuff that actually gives life some meaning - and all because of the greed of the middle classes who all decided to become landlords and price property out of the reach of youngsters.

Guest growl

Hey fatboy if you don't like it here then frik off and join the forum for "You are what you eat"

We're having serious and not so serious debate and loads of fun. The main reason I joined this forum is because not only was I interested in property and finances. but because I spent most of the first few hours laughing my t*ts off.

AWOOGA!

I have to take issue with you Marina

Being a Landlord is not the preserve or the norm of the middle classes at all.

In fact the opposite, most people who make real money on property the so called Tycoons come from very very poor backgrounds.

London Landlords are likely to be from a pool of ethnic minorities who worked long and hard to make it. Very few white Landlords in London these days, they are far too scared to invest their money and have to evict a housefull of crack addicts for non payment of rent.

Take a look at the real wealth in this nation and its not generated from Property, never has been and never will be.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Take a look at the real wealth in this nation and its not generated from Property, never has been and never will be.

Correct, it is generated by inheritance, fraud, and crime. <_<

I don't understand how someone can't understand why people may be angry about house prices,if that makes any sense.

We've seen prices double over the last few years to the extent that the young cannot afford to buy even the most basic house. We've also seen a country which has become obsessed by the idea of making money out of property rather than working for a living.

I'm not someone who blames landlords/estate agents etc. for all these problems. I do, however, blame the government for encouraging a debt fuelled 'housing boom' in order to create a feel good factor and give the impression of ecnomic competence.

ANGER can be a good thing, however. Most of the people who feel anger about the state of the housing market that I know and people on this site have their eyes wide open and refuse to partake in what they know to be a speculative bubble.

The people I really feel sorry for are those who will feel angry too late. Those whoare mortgaged to the hilt and will soon realise the consequences of what they have become embroiled in.

yeah im angry

im the new under-class

Homeless, I used to feel exactly like you. Sometimes, in my darker moments I still do. But the Doc is right, it's certainly true in London that renting is cheaper than an interest only mortgage. This provides an opportunity to save a serious amount of money. Plus no weekends (and wodges of cash) spent at B&Q. It maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity?

And look at your own position - you earn more than most in your town yet are either priced out of the housing market or only able to buy a grotty place. That fact that a person earning the money you earn finds themselves in such a position is enough evidence of an unsustainable bubble.

He who comes out the other side of this bubble with the most hard cash in the bank wins.

(Yeah, I know, it's still fcking crap. But ultimately, even if you had just won a load of cash, would you still buy a property in the current climate?).

I remember a time in the seventies when the price of denim jeans were artificially risen to about three times their rightful price. There were dedicated denim shops which cornered the market for several years. I was angry then. Jeans can be bought at supermarkets now for £4 per pair. I ain’t so angry now.

House prices have risen by three times their rightful price. And I’m angry again.

Won’t be angry if the supermarkets start to sell them.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
And how, exactly, do these activities generate wealth?

Inheritance

Read Kevin Cahill`s book Who Owns Britain. :rolleyes:

Crime

Corporate crime which is never discovered. B)

Fraud

Covers a rather large area to detail.

eg: politicians create the worst type of immoral fraud. <_<

In fact the opposite, most people who make real money on property the so called Tycoons come from very very poor backgrounds.

Yeah, like the rags-to-riches Duke of Westminster, who is probably the biggest property tycoon in the country

Not a very bright stereotype really, Laurejon

Guest growl
ANGER can be a good thing, however... 

The people I really feel sorry for are those who will feel angry too late.  Those who are mortgaged to the hilt and will soon realise the consequences of what they have become embroiled in.

Anger is definetly a good thing when it is used in a positive way. To open your eyes, to eliminate the crude from what is real. To make sure you are not sucked in by the tripe of VI's and what the media and government spews out.

And yes. How they, who have bought at the peak and are mortgaged up to the hilt, and MEW'd out, credit maxed out will be very angry.

Then I will sit back and watch their anger unfold and watch this government fall. :angry: