House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Confidence Rises

I think if you want to see some reall bullish (and bo!!ocks) reporting, best see your local paper... this is from the Saffron walden Reporter, 4-8-2005

Please give your hpc interpretation of this fantastic report...

Confidence Rises

The Housing market remains stable following an unprecedented three month period without change in confidence, says the Woolwich. This is the first time this has happened since the Woolwich started tracking in 1988. People's confidence remained the same in June, with 49 per cent of homeowners expecting prices to rise in value over the next 12 months, compared to 65 per cent this time last year.

Andy Gray, head of mortgages at Wollwich, says:"Confidence has stabalised after improving considerably from a historic low of 39 per cent in December 2004. Continued interest rate stability will no doubt help to maintain an improve confidence."

I think if you want to see some reall bullish (and bo!!ocks) reporting, best see your local paper... this is from the Saffron walden Reporter, 4-8-2005

Please give your hpc interpretation of this fantastic report...

Confidence Rises

The Housing market remains stable following an unprecedented three month period without change in confidence, says the Woolwich. This is the first time this has happened since the Woolwich started tracking in 1988. People's confidence remained the same in June, with 49 per cent of homeowners expecting prices to rise in value over the next 12 months, compared to 65 per cent this time last year.

Andy Gray, head of mortgages at Wollwich, says:"Confidence has stabalised  after improving considerably from a historic low of 39 per cent in December 2004. Continued interest rate stability will no doubt help to maintain an improve confidence."

Someone actually gets paid for that?

so 65% last year thought that prices would rise

49% now think prices will rise

Past 3 months consumer confidence has remained the same, weird the MPC didnt seem to think so.

I dont even know if ive interpreted right, sack the writer.

The other article is this section is headlined 'Barratt Housebuilder boom goes on' (they state that the average price of a Barratt home is up 2pct in 12 months)

Just a pity there's no name on the article.. i've been thinking for a while of sendign them a letter telling them that their reporting is irresponsible.

The other article is this section is headlined 'Barratt Housebuilder boom goes on' (they state that the average price of a Barratt home is up 2pct in 12 months)

Just a pity there's no name on the article.. i've been thinking for a while of sendign them a letter telling them that their reporting is irresponsible.

I wouldnt grace it with the word irresponsible - its just plain sh*t